Sign in to follow this  
Guest BP

Throttle travel

Guest BP

Hi ALl,Is there a way to adjust the throttle via AirEd or other. I have a few a/c whos idle settings are a little to high and achieve full with tiny throttle movements. With some of these a/c I rarely push the throttle more than a 1/4" to achieve full power (throttle (TM-Cougar)is calibrated and working properly). Hense making small power setting changes is nearly impossible. I tried nulling the axis', curving the throw via Cougar software and macros, but no go.Also, is there way to dampen the brakes via Aired or other? Again braking on some a/c will send you through the wind screen with only quick taps on the brakes, while others make nice gradual, more realistic stops.If there is a way to lengthen the throw of the throttle via Aired or another app I sure would appreciate any help and description of which numbers to adjust.ThanksBill

Guest Milton

I can't recall a throttle tablle in the air file but the brakes can be found in record 1101. 32768 is hardest braking, smaller numbers for less braking effectiveness.Have you tried FSUIPC for throttle range settings on your controller along with sensitivity settings LOW in FS.Milton

Guest BP

Thx Milton. Yes I tried FSUIPC which was helpful in some situations. However I think the air file data for the throttle may be inhibiting how effective FSUIPC can go in this area. Thx again the braking info, that's been an annoying area during taxing. 14-0 knots in .0001 seconds...peel face from instrument panel. :-)Bill

Guest Peyroteo

HiTry the AIRED registers 1501 to 1507 (probably the 1506).RegardsPeyroteo

Guest Douglas K

You don't mention what type of A/C you're having problems with. If it's a turbine engine A/C you can adjust TBLDB's 1503 and 1504 and if you know what you're doing this will probably fix the problem.Or, if you're like me and don't have a firm grasp of the obvious and straightforward data present in these tables - and the implications of changing them - then copying TBLDB 1503 and 1504 from another A/C whose throttle characteristics are agreeable to you and pasting them into the problem A/C's airfile using AirEd's "replace record" option would be the best course of action.If the problem A/C in question is a piston engine type, then TBLDB's 506, 507, 508, and 509 (specifically 506 & 509) could conceivably affect the throttle scheduling and would be likely candidates for the same treatment.Backup your original files first!

Guest BP

The short throttle travel is with all the FS2K a/c. I don't think I've ever pushed the throttle forward more than an inch to reach full power. I've inc'd the null zones, deadened the sensitivity, employed axis curves via Fox ll software (I have the TM-Cougar Throttle and stick w/RCS). Employed axis curves via Thrustmaster's control panel. Nothing improved the travel. But when I go into say Falcon 4 or IL2 the throttle travel is perfect.I wish MS would incorporate the same kind of calibration routine those 2 sims have, i.e. Cal for idle/crusie/Mil power detentes etc.Since FS2K doesn't, I've played with TBLDB's 1502, 3 and 4 but am only able to achieve very minor improvements. Hopefully FS4 will have these improvements. :-)Bill