Sign in to follow this  
David Vega

Need Help with Overlaping Windows

Roman, my understanding from reading the MS SDK is that FS2k2 does indeed render the entire 3d "outside view" in whatever size you've specified, because it's being displayed in a separate, 3d "window," with the 2d panel being "overlaid" in its own 2d window.While this may not prove to be a major fps issue with most of the newer, faster, hot-rod systems, my personal goal is to make my "product" as "fps friendly" as possible for the greatest number of people. I am convinced that the vast majority of simmers are still running lame computers such as the ones we have here at St. Gregory House, which are all PIII/850 MHz "groaners." :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Roman and Bill,Thank you so very much for your help and contribution to solve this issue. We may never get this to work as we think it should, but I believe we have reached a very good position. Without the overlaped full window, I had the switching panel, not the best perspective out the secondary window, but possibly the fastest for the more seasoned computers. With the overlaped window, we have the proper perspective which runs fine on the newer computers. So we have a choice. If I release this panel to the public, I'll give you credit for the help. I'm including a small picture of work in progress. Again, thank you.Dave

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library