Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

Default FS 2002 737 Flight Deck Views

I'm using Microsoft's FS 2002 Professional, and I wasn't too impressed with the cockpit's interior views of the Boeing 737 that came with the product, so I downloaded a more realistic looking panel and cockpit interior views for the aircraft, and I replaced the default Panel.cfg with one that's an alias to a panel folder that I use for other 737-400 aircraft that I've added. The problem I'm having is, when I use the arrow keys to pan around the flight deck, I'm still getting the old ugly default interior views along with the new realistic views mixed in, even though I completely removed all of the bitmap panel files of the Boeing 737-400 from its panel folder. I have a seperate 737-400 (Southwest Airlines) in a completely different aircraft subfolder, and its panel.cfg file points to the panel folder that I created for the aircraft, and it works very well, it doesn't show Microsoft's default views. Where are those views defined? They're not in the default 737 aircraft.cfg file, and like I mentioned, the panel.cfg file points to an alias folder, with nothing else in it. Did I miss something?I've attached a screen shot of what I'm talking about, it's the Orbit Airlines 737-400. Does anyone know how to correct this problem?

What you are seeing is the virtual cockpit, not bitmaps. Many aircraft with VC's just show a fixed angle of the VC when looking in different directions in 2D cockpit view. I'm affraid the only way to solve this problem is to remove it from the actual model itself, or I belive there is an option some where for 'see own aircraft' Having not used that in a while I don't remember where to do that, but it may very well be in the fs2002.cfg file. Perhaps someone can step in and clarify that aspect. Best of luck,Ian Grant

Concerning removing your virtual cockpit I believe can be done by entering your FS2002.cfg file and changing "see self" from 1 to 0!I hope this works for you but if it does,nt just change it back,worth a try!Also by doing this all your Virtuals will not work!!!Also would you or anyone know how to extend the battery life in aircraft?THANKS!

Ian - Thanks for your response. Jukebox - That was it! I changed the SEE_SELF parameter to false, and now I'm seeing the interior views that I expect on the somewhat-modified default 737-400, I'll have to see how it'll affect the numerous other aircraft that I've added, hopefully it won't. Also, the parameter does not disable the virtual cockpit views, I can still switch to that, but at least only when I want to. As for extending battery life, I'm not sure if FS 2002 has such an option. Depending on the kind of aircraft you're working with, I know on most aircraft panels there is a "Generator" button/switch, you might want to give that a try. Again, thanks for your help and happy landings!

Guest Douglas K

>As for extending battery life, I'm not sure if FS 2002 has such an option. Depending on the kind of aircraft you're working with, I know on most aircraft panels there is a "Generator" button/switch, you might want to give that a try.