Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

airfile VS xml gauge: possible conflicts???

Im working on an Oil Pressure gauge for a piston engine, and the code works on different aircraft, but on the particular aircraft it is meant for, it does not even show up. It was originally designed in a block of gauges, that is, there was 5 gauges together in a row, like on pipers and such. The whole block would not appear, but when the offending code for the oil pressure needle was removed, the entire block showed up, minus of course the oil pressure needle. I seperated the gauges and made them individual, but the oil pressure gauge still does not work. I have tried absolutely EVERYTHING, and now I am lead to belive that it is a conflick with the airfile or something. Does anyone know if that could cause such a problem? ANY insight what-so-ever would be greatly appreciated!!!!Ian Grant

Guest Milton

Ian,Now that you have it isolated, try substituting another gauge to diplay the oil pressure.If that works, then it must be the gauge code. If not, it must be the air file.Secondly, try your gauge with another air file to see if it shows.Record 544 in the air file is the engine oil pressure for both TP's and non-Tp's so the same record appears to be used. It seems more likely a gauge coding issue.Milton

This one works with Maule(it's from Vinka) <Element> <Position X="105" Y="160"/> <Image Name="Engine_Gauges_Needle.bmp" Luminous="Yes" PointsTo="North" ImageSizes="11,126"> <Axis X="5" Y="125"/> </Image> <Rotate> <Value Minimum="0" Maximum="7">(A:Eng1 Oil Pressure,KiloPascal) 100 /</Value> <Failures> <SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_PANELS Action="0"/> <SYSTEM_ENGINE Action="0"/> </Failures> <Nonlinearity> <Item Value="0" X="33" Y="60"/> <Item Value="1" X="58" Y="44"/> <Item Value="2" X="88" Y="29"/> <Item Value="3" X="112" Y="29"/> <Item Value="4" X="137" Y="35"/> <Item Value="5" X="153" Y="38"/> <Item Value="6" X="168" Y="49"/> <Item Value="7" X="180" Y="58"/> </Nonlinearity> <Delay DegreesPerSecond="12"/> </Rotate> </Element>

I accidentally noticed a weird error using Eng1 parameters over General Eng1 parameters (or vice versa, can't remember) for oil temperatures (if I recall correctly) when oat dropped below freezing (0

Hi,It was only yesterday(!), since i began to discover the differences between AP_ALT_HOLD, AP_ALT_HOLD_ON, AP_PANEL_ALTITUDE_ON andAP_PANEL_ALTITUDE_HOLD........These differences are may be logical, but they are there.The same counts probably for other events.Why??????Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Thanks guys, I have a few things to experiment with now, I'll let you all know how it goes. Thanks again.Ian Grant