Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

GDI and Visual cockpit

>Funnily enough it IS possible to make GDI gauges like the>default GPS visible on VCs in FS2002: if it is on a "lighted">texture (the ones with ..._L.bmp? I'm not VC expert, only a>user) and if it is night and all lights on. OK not the>solution but maybe a way to explore further.>Arne BartelsThat's interesting, Arne! I'll have to check into that further. FWIW though, it is possible to have the same effect produced by a _L.bmp emissive texture, but without using a texture at all.One would simply set the emissive color properties of the base material to which the $dummy.bmp texture is specified directly to something like this:Emissive Color: 192 - 192 - 192 - 255The net result is a constant "illumination" of the gauge poly that is NOT controlled by any of the light switches.I'll have to look into this further and see what turns up... :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

This EHSI and the IVSI-TCAS are both GDI+ gauges in the MS737 VC.

What is the MS737?Is it the Microsoft 737, that is the standard 737 included in FS2002?The image you attached does not look like my MS737 panel...Is it taken from FS2004? Or is it another 737?Anyway, it shows that a GDI+ gauge can be displayed in VC mode.Eric

Guest Fabio Miguez

Yeah Chris, I am curious.Are those your gauges on the MS737 from FS9?

Guest bartels

I tried it with the new EC130 (because it has a night lit VC, no other reasons). I added a selfmade testgauge using GDI+. You see it's visible at night and leaves a hole at day.Arne Bartels

Guest bartels

If anyone feels like trying, I attached gauge and source. Slightly different in design now. Extraction: test!testgdiplus.Arne Bartels

I can't download the attachment.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Same here

Guest bartels

Edited too much I assume. Here the gauge, the source one post later. Sorry for the inconvenience.Arne Bartels

Guest bartels

Ah yes, I didn't include the bitmaps for small filesize, they have the same dimensions as the SDK.Flightmap ones.Arne Bartels

>Hi Fabio,>>are you beta testing FSACoF? great!! does your post means that>they have authorized beta testers to talk about it now and>they are not covered by their NDA anymore? wow, I've a bunch>of questions to ask then!!>THERE NEVER WAS AN "NDA" THIS TIME AROUND..." It was a "gentleman's agreement," but not an "NDA" per se like FS2k2 beta was.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Bill,I couldn't imagine Microsoft letting people test beta versions without any form of an end user agreement, basically saying that you not only couldn't disclose any feature of the beta version, but not even mentioning that you are in the beta test team. As such, and given that FSAcOF is not released yet, Fabio's statement is either speculation, or a breach of his NDA (whatever you call it either executed agreement or gentleman's agreement).Don't mistake my words, I don't personally care. But I would rather be precautious if I were beta testing not to make assumptions on features not publicly released and available yet...Now, let's make a transparent vector drawn HUD!

Guest JeanLuc_

Great job! does it work only at night or during the day too?