Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

GDI and Visual cockpit

It is neither default from FS8 nor FS9.The MS default thing does not have an ARC mode, neither a TCAS.

>THERE NEVER WAS AN "NDA" THIS TIME AROUND..." It was a>"gentleman's agreement," but not an "NDA" per se like FS2k2>beta was.Ah. And, what makes you so sure?

Guest Fabio Miguez

Bonjour JeanLuc.My statement is neither a breach of NDA nor speculation. I am not beta testing FS9, but, along with several people who aren't beta testers either, have learned that vectors do show in any VC in this new version, emissive color or not, day or night.

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Fabio!by the way I've just noticed that you are now working for Flight Factory Simulation! Congratulations!"along with several people who aren't beta testers either, have learned that"I wonder how then... :-)

>>THERE NEVER WAS AN "NDA" THIS TIME AROUND..." It was a>>"gentleman's agreement," but not an "NDA" per se like FS2k2>>beta was.>>Ah. And, what makes you so sure?More that one beta tester said so! Katy Pluta - one of the very few people who have won the coveted "MS MVP"- is a beta tester, and has stated this on numerous occasions. :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

>Great job! does it work only at night or during the day too?Unfortunately, during the daytime it will simply disappear. This is related to the fact that during the daytime, the $dummy.bmp that is required for the "projection panel" on the poly is treated as fully transparent (0,0,0), but during the night - which is the only time the "emissive texture" and/or "emissive color property applied to the poly" is active - there is a "solid surface" behind the gauge.That is why, of course, that at night the surface of the poly become "non-transparent black," i.e. has an RGB of (1,1,1) instead of (0,0,0).I'lll keep experimenting, but for now it would appear that the gauge designer must provide his own "solid surface" on which to draw the vector display... :(BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello JeanLuc.Thank you. Check our website for updates on our upcoming product.

Of course it is the default 737 panel in FS2002 with 2 of my GDI+ gauges in it!!

Hello Bill,As I already told you by e-mail, the background color of my radar gauge is not pure black (0,0,0), it is dark green (0,30,0). So I think it will not work on day light, even if I provide a "solid surface" with a non-transparent color.Any other idea?(I'd be so happy to make my radar work in VC all the time)Eric