Sign in to follow this  
fsfan9

My repaints on other sites?

To my big surprise, today I saw some of my repaints and other works for download on another competing site. How could this happen? I have only uploaded my work to AVSIM, and will allways do so now and in all future.

ldsigcr2.jpg

You need to set your file to "freeware - limited distribution" or whatever the exact option is. That keeps the legit sites from hosting your files.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

>You need to set your file to "freeware - limited>distribution" or whatever the exact option is. That keeps the>legit sites from hosting your files. In theory, this is true, but it my experience most sites leave it up to the uploader to respect the rights of the original author.I have seen many of my uploads "modified" or "improved" or put into a bigger "all-in-one" package that was then re-uploaded (to AVSIM) as though it was an original work. Sometimes they don't even try to change anything - they just upload the original package to another website without asking. If you complain to the library manger, he will remove it, but there are those who will argue "why not just leave it?". It wouldn't bother me so much if people would at least ask me first, and I would also like some credit for my work. Sometimes I don't even get that.There will always be those people without creative skill who want to contribute, and will attempt to use this method as a means of doing so. Get used to it, and try to think of it as a compliment.- Martin

>>There will always be those people without creative skill who>want to contribute, and will attempt to use this method as a>means of doing so. Get used to it, and try to think of it as>a compliment.>>- MartinSure - but my worries concerns eventually patches and updates - when people are doing that, i do not have a #### of a chance to patch/update my work when it is uploaded to several sites. The easiest way to keep that in touch is to keep my files/work at ONE place, and in my humble opinion it can only be AVSIM, since all files here at this place can be accessed by everyone - without having to pay.

ldsigcr2.jpg