Sign in to follow this  

Can I change the readout of this variable.

HiThe following stringTypDescend: %((A:TYPICAL DESCENT RATE,feet per minute))%!8.3fwill give me a readout of 1000 feet per minute in our aircraft, and this is too much (unpressurized from 8000 feet and below).It doesn't seem to have anything to do with what the default autopilot roc is set to. It appears that this value is what ATC will expect you to descend with during letdown from cruise altitude. Whenever I set autopilot descent rate below 1000 feet per minute, ATC starts complaining and eventually cancels ifr.Does anyone know where in the .aircfile and/or aircraft.cfg this can be modified?

Karl,Nothing here, at work, but i remember you can set default v/s in the autopilot section of the aircraft.cfgSo in my 767 when i change level it goes always with 1500 ft/min, because i set that value in the cfg. file.Hope it helpsJan"Procul Negotiis"

I'm aware of the v/s autopilot setting. In our aircraft this value is set to 100 (0 is unavailable), but ATC still complains unless the aircraft descends with 1000 ft/min.

Karl,I will try some IFR stuff with your code in my plane and see what happens with different default VS's.Maybe it is the model and reads/uses ATC that value.Also you can try to set default v/s at 1000 and descend with less and see what happens.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Karl,I noticed the same problem:Your code showed 1400 ft/min.My config is set on 1500 ft/min.When i tried to descend with 1000 ft/min ATC constantly adviced me to "expedite".So i don't know where the 1400 is coded, model??Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Karl,Could it be something in the airfile?In your plane there is no default v/s setting, record 317.Btw, when i try to fly it, i only see a blue T??Jan"Procul Negotiis"

>In your plane there is no default v/s setting, record 317.It is missing since it is set with aircraft.cfg alone. Doesn't need to be there. The goal is to get a default of zero climb, but that is unavailable and we had to settle for 100 fpm. I did a test last night with very heavy headwinds on arrival, and MSFS ATC didn't complain on using a lower than usual descent rate. Why?>Btw, when i try to fly it, i only see a blue T??Umm, old aircraft model... very old :)Drop me a mail at karl.ruben.pettersen@akerkvaerner.com and I'll let you know when things get updated, pretty soon btw if weather continues to be bad :D Now has three different panels to choose from (although quite similar in layout) and two fuel configurations (with or without air conditioning).Modelwork seems to have come to a halt though, only panel and gaugework seem to continue :( Anyone up for modelling a C421B at quite specific needs (visible ice, extendable landing lights, lowlow polycount and so forth)? :)