Sign in to follow this  
Guest odog

Transparency

I'm trying to make a face mask that goes over a face. The face mask is like a huge pair of sunglasses. It's partially transparent (about 80%). In GMax, I setup a new material with a blackish color, set about 80% opacity, and applied it to the mesh. In GMax it displays properly and I can see the face underneath as if I were looking through sunglasses. However, when I compile the model into flight simulator, the partially transparent facemask is only transparent through the left and right windows of the aircraft, and NOT the front windows. If you look at the pilots through the front window, the facemask completely dissappears and you can see the pilot's face completely.Any ideas what could cause the dissappearance of a semi-transparent surface when they are aligned with each other in the viewpoint?Enrique

Guest odog

i had a problem like this with the prop and the windshield.was long ago, must have learned my lesson, cuz it doesnt happen anymore. If i remember i created an actual texture (128x128,32bit), pure black in your case, then apply it and set the transp. to your liking.I think its caused by having two transp. gmax materials on top of each other. i think by adding the "real" texture the problem is solved.let me know if it works for you too.joe