Sign in to follow this  

VC++6.0 Intro Edition

Hi,I have Visual C++ Intro Edition and I get the error about the End user agreement prevents the redistribution of executables. Does anyone know of a quck way to fix this?ThanksJon

Nope--unless you get someone to compile your code, that is. The Intro edition cannot compile code--you'd need at least the Standard edition for that...

That is interesting. I compiled lots of code before with the Intro edition (including the AFG HGS versions 1.0 and 2.0). I got this little message when the gauge was run from flight simulator occasionally but I found that by starting a new workspace and adding the files, the message would go away. However that doesn't seem to be working with my latest gauges. Anyone have any ideas? Arne do you have anything since you wrote the tutorial? ThanksJon

Guest bartels

Use VC++ to edit and maybe pretest the gauge, and a frewware compiler (GCC,BCC) for the end result.Arne Bartels

"That is interesting. I compiled lots of code before with the Intro edition...."I may have misunderstood which edition you have. My understanding is there were three--a learning edition, a standard edition, and a pro edition (I have the standard edition). I understood the learning edition, which was distributed with many of the "Teach yourself VC++" books, as being unable to compile. Perhaps I confused the edition you have with that one, when instead you have the standard edition?

Guest ba747heavy

Actually there is 4 ;-)Intro/Learning, Standard, Professional and Enterprise. I was under the same impression about the learning edition myself. To help this mystery out, I was looking at my copy of Visual C++ 6 Standard edition hoping to find a dialog box that says 'look, I am standard edition' but no joy, it appears to not exist :)

Guest Fabio Miguez

How about the intro screen? ;-)

Guest ba747heavy

:-lol Never even thought of that ;-)

Yes,I have the intro edition. But like I said before I was able to compile AND run the code in flight simulator with out a problem until now. Perhaps it was because I was using .c files before and now I am using a .cpp file to do more complitcated things and to use gdi+. One of the other requirments for me to get the code to run without that awful dialog box was that the files be older then the workspace. However, I have been able to compile other peoples code too. Im guessing that the intro edition must use some things with cpp to bring up that dialog box so when I used .c files, the calls weren't made. It just a theory but its my best guess. It did come with my learn c++ book and I couldn't dream of using another compiler! I love the way it auto fills in variables and class functions for me! Anyway, it appears as though I have managed to circumvent the problem and that the intro edition is infact not allowed to compile so it looks like I may have to invest in the standared edition. But if I figure out how to get around this problem consistantly, I will let you guys know.ThanksJon