Sign in to follow this  

>Hey Litvinov.a'm Alexey... Litvinov is surnameyou may call me just lial... it is means LItvinov ALexey ;)>I have not had the time to try USE_TRANSPARENCY yet, but from>your report I understand it runs, withouth crashing, but even>the vectors are now transparent?I haven't crashes... but all drawing yes is transparent, but transparency off and gauge placed in 3d_panel.When i turn on transparency all gauge is transparent fully>>By the way, no documentation is MS's trademark, they could not>have done any worse with the SDK.o yeee... SDK is very bright example... why they cant do it on MSDN level...

>Hi,>Just so you know, the AFG HGS (my favorite hud ;-) ) is>currently a freeware and quality HUD that works on the mini>panel. Just goto www.alliedfsgroup.com I downloaded and install this...but it's so slow on my old machine (PII) (3fps counter 25fps without)so i still need to develop own.

As for transparent huds I had an idea this morning but have yet to test it. Maybe one of you guys can try.Here goes,How about putting the drawing code for GDI+ in the POST_DRAW routine instead of the PRE_DRAW routine? Now that probably won't solve much unless you clear the surface during the predraw routine. Its a long shot but worth a try. I will let you guys know how it turns out if I ever get around to it. ThanksJon

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Jon,I doubt it will change anything since FS "blits" the gauges between these two events. So in turn, you would end up phasing out by 1 loop cycle between your POST_DRAW code and it being displayed on screen after the PRE_DRAW of the next loop cycle.Transparent Vector Drawn HUD works, and works for the same reason True Display XP work in the VC. Well, it is somewhat related let's say.

What are you referring to when you say "Transparent Vector Drawn HUD"?I see your point with the loop cycle. So my next idea is to try something with alpha channels. A little bird told me that alpha channels have something to do with getting vector gauges to display in the VC ;-)