Sign in to follow this  
jcboliveira

Setting up Visual C++ 6.0 for gauges...

Guest MelvinRafi

Hi folks! I'm having some issues setting up Visual C++ 6.0 for FS2002 gauges. I've tried to compile the sample FS2002 SDK gauge set but it's giving me a bunch of syntax errors and it tells me that it can't compile "gps_info.h". Can anyone give me any troubleshooting tips or common mistakes?While we're on this topic, can one use Visual C++ .NET for writing and compiling FS gauges? Thanks!:) Melvinhttp://www.meljet.com/images/MelJet-logo-01.jpgwww.meljet.com

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Mel.Download the IDEhowto.zip from here or flightsim, not sure which site has it, or if both do. that is a simple but effective tutorial on getting the IDE to compile gauges.I am not sure about your second question, as I have never tried.If you are not successful with the IDE, give us a holler.

The answer to your second question is yes. Infact I recommend it over VC++ 6.0. (I just upgraded yesterday)ThanksJon

Melvin, It seems that you are selectiong all the .h files. Just select SDK.h and SDK.c It is either one or the other. I know that I had the same problem when I started using C++. FORGET about learning it. That would take years.Yours truly,Tiberiu Brasov

Guest MelvinRafi

Thanks for the help guys - I got it to work. Jon, how is C++ 7 better than 6 with respect to gauges?:) Melvin

I'm using 7 since September and like it. Never used the VB or C# only C++. But if you are not interested in managed code maybe it isn't so diferent from the 6. But I'm not sure since I used Borland line compiler or GNU tools (not for gauges). No problem in compiling the SDK gauges if you are interested in a project for a gauge send me a PM.Jos