Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gordius

XML Gauges where does one start ?

Hello,Can anyone point me to a tutorial or material to assist learning to create XML gauges ?I have made a few gauges in C++ but I would like to learn XML techinique.thanksGilles

>Hello,>>Can anyone point me to a tutorial or material to assist>learning to create XML gauges ?>>I have made a few gauges in C++ but I would like to learn XML>techinique.There really isn't a tutorial per se that I'm aware of, but there are a few good resources available right on your hard drive! Simply use WinZip to "un-CAB" the default .CAB gauges in the gauges folder of FS2k2, and examine them.Pick something simple, such as a switch, and examine the syntax and so forth. If you don't have the Panel SDK, you need to grab it from MS's support site.Look also for the excellent resource from Arne Bartels... I don't remember the zip name at the moment, but I'll be willing to bet someone will chime in with it.. Or, you can simply search the library here... :)FS2002 XML gauge syntax descriptionA collection of facts about the new gauges syntax in XML introduced with FS2002. Not a tutorial but meant as help for interesteddevelopers. By Arne BartelsBillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest bartels

My I direct your view to the anchored top thread in this forum "XML FAQ"?Arne Bartels

Guest Gordius

The "Bartels" file is xmlgau01.zip and def worth a look. If you search for XML tutorials on the web you will find a little help although of course it is not related to MSFS it will give you a feel for it.Gordius