Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

Vector gauge in Virtual Cockpit

After all the discussions we had on this forum about vector gauges in VC, I tried something else: drawing vectors into a bitmap, and copy it (BitBlt) into the drawing area of the gauge. I thought that I could cheat the drawing system to make FS2002 draw the resulting bitmap instead of the bitmap defined for a STATIC_IMAGE.I am sorry to say that NOTHING worked. I had interesting results in 2D cockpit mode, but nothing was appearing in VC mode. I tried to draw directly into the hbmp (bitmap), into the IMAGE_SET or the IMAGE elements of the structure, but still, nothing appears in the VC.So my conclusion is the following: let's wait for FS2004... ;-)If anyone has another idea, I'd be happy to test it.Eric

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello Eric.Yes, frustrating ain't it? Still, it is possible, see RealityXP. JeanLuc did a fantastic job there, and they work quite well. But we are so close to the release of FS2004, that I don't see a need, honestly, for this function in 2002 anymore, unless 2004 is a total flop, which I doubt. But never say never.. ;-)

Guest bartels

Do you have the staic image redrawn with SET_OFF_SCREEN? Otherwise no update to screen is made. As far as I recall that right, one "classic" (pre-FS2002) way was to use a ICON with two bitmaps, copy to the hidden, then swap into view with approbiate return values in the callback function.Arne Bartels

Guest JeanLuc_

Thanks for your kind words Fabio! Arne, this really has nothing to do with the SET_OFF_SCREEN (which is needed anycase for the static surface). It is just a bug in the bitmap handling of FS which lead them not to appear in the VC. You just have to find which bug, and how to solve this. A hint? it can work with the BitBlt function to the HDC of the static surface...Anyhow, you are right. If this is working in FS2004, then the all "how-to in the VC" is no longer a concern! I may then consider telling more about this. For now, it is a competitive advantage.Best,

Hi there,thank you for your messages.Guys, the bug JeanLuc reports is quite easy to find.For me, it is not really a "competitive advantage" because the new FS is upcomming and will solve this problem.Anyway, please try the BitBlt function with the SRCPAINT parameter instead of the SRCCOPY and now guess what the bug is ...King Regards,Marcel Burrchief programmerbluesky software development

Thanks for the hint !! I guess SRCPAINT is the only operation code that works for VC visibility.I found the bug, but no solution... Do you know any way to solve it?I'd be glad to know, because I'd really like my radar to work in VC for all the people who will not turn immediately to FS2004. I am sure many simmers will keep their FS2002, for financial reasons or ohters.Please let me know if you have additional info.Eric