Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

ground spoilers...how?

What do I name ground spoilers in gmax. I don

Guest Valid_Andy

I also wondered this, the aircraft i am currently making is like this, and i don't know how to do it, anyone get any ideas?Andy :-wave

Guest Kobie1244

You guys are trying to figure that out...... and I am trying to figure out how to get it the other way. I only want them to show when the aircraft is in the air. It used to be simple back in the days of FSDS, when all you did was make a custom macro. Now..... I am scratchin my head.... still!Cant figure it out........ yet

I believe the effect of spoilers is controlled in the aircraft.cfg file:[airplane_geometry]spoiler_limit=60.0 //Degreesspoilerons_available=1 //Spoilerons Available?aileron_to_spoileron_gain=3 //Aileron to spoileron gainmin_ailerons_for_spoilerons=10 //Degreesmin_flaps_for_spoilerons=0 //Minimum flap handle position when spoilerons activateIf you only want spoiler to work on the ground set spoilerons_available=0, otherwise set to 1. You also have other variables to set if you want to use spoilerons.Visit http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK00.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/ under article archive and download the FSEdit_SDK.exe for more information.

Guest Kobie1244

Hey guys,Easy fix to this question. In order to have the spoilers to deploy on the ground( Which will work in conjunction with the "/" key ), all you have to do is name the part "r_spoiler_001" for the right spoiler, and "l_spoiler_001" for the left spoiler. The numbers allow you to use more than one spoiler per side, ie: "l_spoiler_002" will allow you to have two left spoilers. Get it? Real simple stuff here. Also, make sure you animate the keyframes. You have to do that in order for them to diploy. Hope that helps! Good luck guys!Kobie :-wave

Guest Valid_Andy

Ok, what i meant is spoilers which only deploy on the ground, not in the air. The plane i'm making has 5 spoielrs per a wing, 4 are spoilerons, and also deploy as speed brakes in the air, there the outboard ones. The inboard ONE is a ground spoiler only, and doesn't deploy in the air. So what i want it for the inboard one to onjly deploy when on the ground, but the other ones to be able to deploy while airborn aswell as being on the ground. Its like the Ariane 737's - the gMax ones, if you extend spoilers in hte air onyl some will extend, but then if you land with them extended as soon as you hit the floor they all extend, although they all extend at the same time, if ya get me!ThanksAndy :-wave

I can only answer that the *.air file or aircraft.cfg file has only a YES/NO, 1/0 to provide for spoilerons. You might be able to trick the system but I don't have that information.