Sign in to follow this  

SURVEY!!! What aircraft/panel project would you like to...

Hey guys... I have been chatting with a payware FS developer recently helping him decide what his next project should be. My suggestion was to do a corporate jet, perhaps a Gulfstream V with a full FMC. He is concerned that many flight simmers wouldn't fly the Gulfstream V because it is corporate and many people favor the commercial airliners. He thinks that flight simmers would favor perhaps a DC-10 with a INS unit. So here are the two parts to the survey:1.) What would you rather see developed? A Gulfstream V or some sort of corporate jet... OR a DC-10 or commercial airliner? The price will probably be around $15, but the package will contain an aircraft model, accurate flight dynamics, sounds, and of course a full panel with FMC/INS. Which would you buy?2.) If you don't like the above selections, what airplane would you like to see done?

I'm more interested in the big airliners and really love the D10.It would also have to have a good VC, since there is already a D10 package out without VC.

There are some who only visit this forum, thought everyone should have a chance to comment.

Guest Tumbleweed

I would definately spend $25-$30 on a quality 747SPErich

I and lots of my friends are ready to spend not more than 35EUR for a nice Let L-410 "Turbolet".

Guest lionheart777

I think it is time for an executive jet! All the others are doing the other planes, but no one is doing the middle range, which is actually a viable and large market for student professional exec pilots, and the fact that planes like the Lear and the Citation create such attention. Look at the freeware Falcon 50 that that french gentleman did, it was so famous, that everyone was flying it in all the public flight rooms. It was like flying in fleets of them. Marketably, I believe that he is headed in the right direction in coming out with corporate edition. No one else is, and thus there exists still an open market. Take care and good luck.Bill

>Marketably, I believe that he is headed in the right direction>in coming out with corporate edition. No one else is, and>thus there exists still an open market. How would you classify the Raytheon/Beech 400A, the Premier I, the Hawker 400XP and the Citation X, then?The first two have already garnered a very warm reception, the the other two are in the pipeline for release from Eaglesoft DG... http://eaglesoftdg1.com/BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/BLeaming.jpg

Okay, well . . . . .SOME commercial entities have developed Executive jets, such as Abacus and a couple of others. Abacus was not impressive because they simply imported n FS2000 version into FS2k2 - no VC's or anything. The freeware falcon 50 available here in AVSIM is impressive, and I love it. I also love POSKY's CRJ, and that is my favorite mid-range jet to fly.However, I have to admit that if a full featured exec jet were actually released, I probably would fork out the cash for it. The posts above are right -- everyone seems to be developing Airliners. It seems 2/3 do airlines and the other 1/3 do small GA aircraft, but rarely - vary rarey - do I come across business jets that catch my attention, and I love all 3 catagories. I am a multitasker. One day I'll spend the day doing touch-n-goes with a Cessna, the next day I'll find myself doing a Long-haul flight for my VA (Delta VA). While other days i progress in a round-the-world trip I am doing in - yes - the default Learjet.But I would happily start my round-the-world trip over again if I could find a Citation X with full features. I would be a happy camper :-)So please have my vote as this - if he hits the Exec Jet market - please slap out a variety. I admit I am not too familiar with the Gulfstream V but I am a super fan of the Citation X. There are a few C-X's here on AVSIM, and some moderately decent panels, but not yet a VC or a real impressive and convincing C-X setup.I look forward to seeing, however, whatever he does have to offer :-)Chris

Followup:I went to that Eaglesoft site. Their visual models look stunning in the screenshots. My next check I am going to snag that Beech 400A and Premier 1. Also, after my mention in my last post it turns out that Eaglesoft is developing a Citation X. If it is anything like the screenshots I have seen of their beeches then . . . **drool**.Also - in followup and with the ideas and suggestions everyone is looking for here -- I have one that may be a bit unexpected:How about a Hercules C-130 with a VC and full systems functionality? That is also something that a lot of us from where I live have been looking for. C-130's are a major thing for aviation enthusiests here in Pueblo (they come from all over to do maneuvers in our area due to geographic location) - and a group of us that go to the airport on a daily basis have been scouring the net for a few C-130's.While there are a few models out there posted (mostly here in AVSIM), we haven't been impressed at all with any of them and if a payware version came out, I know of some people (including myself) that would buy that.There are plenty of airliners with FMC's, etc out there right now, but I haven't seen a military one yet - let alone a C-130. That would be impressive to develope such a project for FS.Chris

Thanks for the lead. I just went to the Captainsim web site and apparently they are indeed developing an L1011 (civilian version of C-130) and C-130 for release for FS2004.Thanks so much for the info. I am going to start tracking their development on that project.As for this thread - LOL - that made me run out of suggestions for your friend's commercial project, but either way I'd love to see what becomes of it :-)Chris

LOL That's what I said (I think) :-) C-130 :-) But also read a paragraph where they were going to do some L-1011 paints. Same plane, but the L-1011 is nothing more than a civilian owned C-130 :-)Either way when they release it I am going to buy it. Glad everyone here mentioned it. :-)Chris

C-130 and L1011 are the same plane???I think you might need to recheck that....Last time I looked the C-130 was a prop and the L1011 was a trijet about twice the size.