Sign in to follow this  
Guest A_Delta_Sierra

*** YES!!!! VECTORS IN VC!!!!!! ***

Hello Marcel,I perfectly understand your feeling, and as a developer, I would really be glad to share my knowledge with others on this forum. Unfortunately, I am not as good as others, I mean I am not as good as you, I don't know anything about reverse engineering and can not search into the FS code as you do. So what should I do? If anyone needs an information about the gauges I have developed, I will give him, but what if I have nothing to give?The only thing I can do, which I already do, is implementing the tricks you describe here and provide the result to the community. This is exactly what I did with the version 2.0 of my Mirage 4000 panel, xhich includes a new radar visible in VC mode. You can donwload it on my web site:http://emarciano.free.frThis is just my point of view...Eric

> I hope you did enjoy my recent information> about how to fetch data directly from the> globals.DLLYeah I tried but could not yet make make it working for my needs. By the way, Jean-Luc, I got your PM (sorry for not responding...) but my weekend was pretty full. I'll try that again. I just thought theTAS = ((FLOAT64) (*(UINT32*)TASMEM)) / 128;should go intot the PRE_DRAW, not the CONNECT_TO_WINDOW, because of the update. Last time I got constant CTDs, but I'll have one more look at it and may contact you once more if there arise problems, ok? ;-)@ Marcel:Yeah, I totally agree, but as you basically said, the risk for being "squeezed out" for nuffin is maybe much too high. :-rollSo finally also from me a thanks to Chris for that hint, although I most likely won't make use of it since of FS9's arrival in a very short time, thus no more need for it.Regards,http://www.flightfactory-simulations.com/i...enne_Banner.jpg

Hi Eric,thank you for your answer. I also began programming gauges during a time I only knew the "reverse engineering" and "debugging" from studies and not in a practial way. But over the years, you get slowly experienced and find out a personal way to go step per step through such adventures - small successes keep you alive.King Regards,Marcel Burrbluesky software

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

ALL of the following is IMHO!The "trouble" is, a lot of people think as the artist/craftsman who think they have discovered the ultimate and only solution. Doesn't anyone get any enjoyment our of seeing the results of their original work bettered and used in different applications? It seems as if many are fearful of loosing the "public - I did this" "glory". I can recognize the real work I did in real life and see where my original work/idea was bettered and improved upon. That feels a lot better, to me, then having to have my 'signature', like an artist, visible/branded where every one can see it. If you are trying to make a buck, you should, in these forums as several have done, so state it so we can all understand where you are coming from and your motives. Be polite enough to show us your business card.Different strokes for different people. Once again, 'artists' make very poor teammates. But that is how the world is and will remain.END of IMHORegards,BobS