Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

OK... Token Variable vs. Parameter

Guest sphing

Hello,I've been trying to figure this out for a while.Whats the difference between a token variable and a Parameter?There are two files in the Panel SDK (parameter.doc & tokenvar.doc) I have been using the parameters.doc variable names in my xml code. However, On this board I see many references to using token variables.Please explain the purpose of the two variable lists and advise if one should be used over the other.Thanks,John

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello John.Simple. Parameters are to be used with XML, and Token Vars are used with C programming. Two different languages to code gauges means two different ways of getting variables you want.

Also, the number of token variables available for C exceeds the number of variables available for xml - sadly. These include i.e. all those GPS related ones.

>Also, the number of token variables available for C exceeds>the number of variables available for xml - sadly. These>include i.e. all those GPS related ones.... hehehe, and for all the XML guys, to really demotivate you, in FS9 it's even possible for C gauges to use *all* the variables which were originally for XML, i. e. the stuff in the parameters.doc... muachahahaha :-hah ;-) LOL :-lolCheers,http://www.flightfactory-simulations.com/i...enne_Banner.jpg

>>Also, the number of token variables available for C exceeds>>the number of variables available for xml - sadly. These>>include i.e. all those GPS related ones.>>... hehehe, and for all the XML guys, to>really demotivate you, in FS9 it's even possible for C gauges>to use *all* the variables which were originally for XML, i.>e. the stuff in the parameters.doc... muachahahaha :-hah ;-)>LOL :-lolDon't hurt yourself laughing, Fabio. XML gauges are used exclusively in FS9, including the GPS... :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello Bill.Surely you meant Etienne, right? ;-) Guess the signatures are confusing :-).Yes, I know about the GPS, and Etienne knows about it in detail. Although it is beyond me why MS is making an apparent shift to XML. Yes, it is simpler, but it does not have the power C does. And C is not hard to learn. Not to mention "unCABbable" gauges :-).