Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

New ! Gmax A330 coming soon

Guest Vulcho

My favorite twin engine heavy. Will it have a panel to accompany it with?Great work so far.

hi all im Tarq and ive just updated the engine blades.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Tarq.Excellent work, my friend!Here is a suggestion: The angle of the blades seem to acute, meaning on a real engine, you almost cannot see behind the fan blades, their angle is more shallow. The way it is now, from this angle, you can see inside. Also, I think you could save polys by not having the blades behind the fan. And of course the above suggestion would make sure those would never be seen anyways...Have a look at Mel's 777 engine fans and you will see what I mean. Mel goes through great extents to model fan blades properly.Other than that, it looks very good, keep it up!

Thanks Fabio Miguez i will get right to work on it.

I've uptated the engine blades (again) and here is the pic.tell me if i still did it wrong please.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Tarq.Looking much better! Now all you have to do is make sure the spacing between one blade and the other is the same as to the next one (perhaps you planned it like this?), and that the overall number of blades is correct.I know they are totally different engines, but have a look athttp://www.meljet.com/Boeing777/Images/Scr...777V2-C-01L.jpgto see how Mel did the fan blades (and even the static vanes behind it) for the new version of his 777 which comes out this Friday. And for some more details and good ideas, look at http://www.meljet.com/Boeing777/Boeing777screenshots.htm

i've totally redone the engine blades and there better than everlet me know what you think :-)

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Tarq.Before anything, sorry if you are getting tired of me giving you suggestions man. I am just trying to make your end result better and better!And it is, this last set of blades is MUCH better! I believe now the only thing left is the following: I think the width of the blades is too big far away from the root. Meaning, as you look at the engine from the very front, you should not be able to see past the fanblades. But if you are at a slight angle, like the shot you took (and Melvin's engine shot), you should be able to see the end of the blades.Also notice how the root of the blade has a different angle than the tip. This happens because the speed of these two distinct parts of the blade is different, so the angle of attack must be different. Notice how the root faces almost (almost, not totally) forward, and the tip almost sideways. If you introduced a bit of twist like that, they would look much better. Not sure if I was clear, if not, let me know.And I have not seen an upclose pic of the baldes on the A330 engines. They may have more or less twist than the ones on this 777, so try and find a pic and copy that.

Guest PhLem

Hello,2 things: 1 you need to increase the size of the spinner, abit too small if you compare them on the photo.2 the fan should be deeper inside the nacelles. I know we are being a bit hard on you, but believe me, the results will be well worth it. We just want you to have a good looking model.Take care,Udo.PGT:-wave

ive given the blades a bit of a twist and have made the spinner a bit larger and have put the whole thing a bit further inside the engine housing

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Jan.Just so you know, for next time, you don't need the huge link from a.net, just copy the link that is right on top of the picture :-).

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey tarq.Ever better man! The blades still need more twisting (as a whole, both the root and the tips, have a look at the second pic by Jan), and I believe the whole thing has a bit more to go towards the inside, and the spinner could be a tad bigger, but you be the judge.Getting second opinions, like you are doing, is perfectly alright and healthy, but you should also like what you see. So look at a picture and ask yourself if what you have done is a faithful representation of the real thing.