Sign in to follow this  
Guest lionheart777

Prop creates invisible plane parts looking through blades???

Guest lionheart777

Hey again gang,My propellor has suddenly been making parts (behind the fan from certain angles) disappear! What could be causing this? I dont believe I have made the skin a reflective texture, nor done anything to the prop texture. I do have a virtual cockpit and began noticing through creation of test planes to check my advances, that certain things were suddenly visible through the prop fan only. Does anyone know of this problem and know of a fix? I am curious. I really wish to release this baby at www.avsim.com and www.simviation.com for download. It is a futuristic turboprop of a Pilatus, code named Visage.Your help would be gratefully appreciated.Bill

Depends on the modelling tool used.... But take FSDS 2 for example:Transparent parts need to be the last in the parts list. Sometimes, this makes for some fancy juggling, as you may have a prop which needs to be seen "in front" of a window. My guess is whatever tool you've used, the part has somehow gotten "ahead" of the others, and being true to form, is turning everything underneath transparent.-John

Guest lionheart777

thanks john.. I will give it the ole 'copy-delete-paste' technique and see if that does it.Kind regards,Bill

Guest lionheart777

Thanks John, That did the trick. Same as new!Kind regards for your priceless info.Bill