Sign in to follow this  

Aircraft designing.

I need help here. I'm new to GMAX and plane designing. How can I convert my plane made in .gmax into flight simulator or into .MDL format? if anyone could help me I'd appreciate it.

Guest lionheart777

I might be of some help, though I am modelling planes in FSDS2 primarily, hoping to get into gmax later. In FS2002Pro, in the heart of the main program files folder, you will find a program called 'makemodel'. With that, you would enter your planes file number and it converts it into a plane for FS2002.I have never done it, but have read alot about it and seen it 'in' the FS2002Pro folder.Take care and have fun and patience...Bill

>I need help here. I'm new to GMAX and plane designing. How>can I convert my plane made in .gmax into flight simulator or>into .MDL format? if anyone could help me I'd appreciate it.Follow the directions in the gmax folder that were thoughtfully provided by MS...If you've got the Pro version of FS2k2, you will have the FSModelExp.dle export module. Simply place it and makemdl.exe in the GMaxModules folder. That will allow you to select File/Export from the GMax toolbar.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

I can't find the Modules folder in my GMAX folder :S My gmax version is 1.0, do I need to update it?

Guest FelixFFDS

If you've done the installation per the instructions it should be in the "gmaxplugins" folder.You don't HAVE to upgrade to the latest gmax 1.2 but it's a good idea. You don't need to download the tutorials again.>I can't find the Modules folder in my GMAX folder :S My gmax>version is 1.0, do I need to update it?Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

>I can't find the Modules folder in my GMAX folder :S My gmax>version is 1.0, do I need to update it?I'm sorry, I meant to say 'plugins folder...' :(Look for the C:GMaxplugins folder, as you won't find it in the FS2002gmax folder...You probably should upgrade to the latest version of GMax. If you haven't already done so, be sure to d/l the SDK and use the newest version of makemdl.exe as well. The version that came with FS2k2 Pro is very buggy.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL guys don't laugh but it's sooooo funny. I built the plane incorrectly and it turned out to be soooooooooo tiny when I saw it in flight sim I was like.......... what the?? a b777-300 about a fly size HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !! but thanks alot mate, I got the idea of making planes now. lol thanks alot guys :(And g'day mate from Australia here hehe.

>LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL guys don't laugh but it's sooooo funny. I>built the plane incorrectly and it turned out to be>soooooooooo tiny when I saw it in flight sim I was>like.......... what the?? a b777-300 about a fly size>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !! but thanks alot mate, I got the idea of>making planes now. lol thanks alot guys :(Well, that's a new one... every other case I've experienced or heard about was just the opposite! I actually produced the world's largest Socata TB20GT on my first attempt; it stood six miles high and "covered" all of Lake County, Indiana and half of Cook County (Chicago), Illinois! :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg