Sign in to follow this  
Guest sludge

Help with adjusting view angle in panel.cfg, please

Guest sludge

Hello, this is probably old hat to most of you but I'd appreciate some advice on how to improve the 2d forward right view on my favorite airplane/panel combination, the Dreamfleet 737. The only problem I have with this panel is that I can't see the ramp in front of the airplane in the forward right view--the glareshield is too high. So if I'm supposed to turn right to park at the gate I can't see the line leading to the gate until I'm nearly past it.Is it possible to edit the panel.cfg file so that I get the permanent effect of raising the seat (shift + enter) one or two notches, in the right forward view only? Again, this is in the 2d mode.Thanks in advance,Bill

Guest sludge

Okay, I should have said that I have a copy of the SDK and found it to be obtuse at best. So I'm a dummy. I'm not a panel designer or a computer programmer, just an end user. I could not find within the SDK a definition of the values you are supposed to input after view directions (I'm told they are pitch, bank, heading) or view eye (I'm told they are lateral, vertical, and longitudinal values of some undefined dimension) but rather found those items by perusing forums such as these. I also could not find a variable that explicitly says "modify me, I'll raise or lower the seat height". I must be both blind and stupid, but that's were I'm at.So, if some kind person who truly understands the SDK can point me at the right variable(s) to adjust to raise the seat height, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks in advance,

Guest Milton

The "eyepoint" statement in the aircraft,cfg sets the distances from the center of gravity or datum reference point.The parameters are:longitude= (5.774) fore/aft distance from the CoG point. Plus values are toward the front of the aircraft.Latitude= (-1.131) distance left/right of CoG point. Plus values are to the right.Vertical= (-0.229) distance above/below CoG point. Plus values are above the CoG.Distance units are specified in feet.Example:{Views}eyepoint=5.774,-1.131, -0.229A technique to find the exact eyepoint is to use a light statement in the Lights section. The coordinates there are the same, long./lat./vert. Get the light in the pilots nose bridge, then copy those coordinates to the eyepoint statement.Once you have this correct, then go to the panel.cfg to tweak your individual Views.In the windows section for each of the views, there are other statements available to tweak what you see.I use these two mostly.VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.8 Sets the zoom valueVIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=0.0, 0.0, 45.0 (Pitch, bank, heading)Pitch (raises/lowers seat height for this view only), bank (tilts the view as in a roll) for this view only, heading (assuming pilot looks straight ahead (0 or 360 degrees,) this sets the angle around the compass or aircraft for this view (My forward right is set at 45 degrees.)For a rear view, maybe 165-180 degrees works well. Remember you are looking from the left seat.Hope this helps.Milton

Guest sludge

Milton:Yes, that helps a LOT. Thank you for your kind response, I will do as you suggest.Again, thank you very much!Regards,