Sign in to follow this  

How to create proper pilot's view?

What do I need to do in panel.cfg to create a proper pilot's perspective for my panel (i.e. not the "sitting on the throttles"-view)?Andreas

Okay, I know how to change the 2D view with view_forward_dir in terms of pitch, bank and heading (yaw).What I mean is: how do I shift the 2D view e.g. to the right for the Captain's perspective? So, the centerline of the runway would not be in the middle of the screen anymore (as it is now where I sit "on the throttle levers") but right of it (as it would be in real life where both pilots would sit either right or left of the centerline).Andreas

The short answer is that you cannot do that. You will have to completely redo the panel background and move the gauges to get what you want.Basically, "saw" the panel background in half, and create two separate views that you can toggle between to access all of the instruments.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Okay, from the answers I got I guess I didn't describe my problem well enough. So, I try it once more, hopefully more clearly now:Let aside the panel for this time. It is not important for the following how the panel looks or if a panel is displayed at all.When I load one of the default FS2002 aircraft and look forward, the view center is in the middle of the monitor. So, when positioned on the runway (e.g. the default flight Cessna 172 on Meigs), the centerline goes straight through the middle of the screen. In true life, one would look ahead and see the world throug the cockpit only if one would sit on the center pedestral.My question now is: how can I shift this outside view to either side (left or right)? This is needed to properly show how the crew members would see the outside world. They don't sit on the throttles/center pedestral, but left or right of it. So, with the plane positioned centered on the runway, the runway centerline would be displaced for either of them, to the right for the captain, and to the left for the FO.For me as the simmer, the runway centerline would not go through the center of my monitor but it would be displaced to the respective side as well.All I want is the forward view to present me the view a real pilot would have in real life. The question is if it's possible to achieve that effect in FS for me as a non-programmer. It is unquestionably possible, PMDG announces their 737NG as to show this proper pilot's perspective.Know what I mean?Andreas

Do some experiments with eyepoint location in aircraft.cfg, as well as VIEW_X_ZOOM, VIEW_X_DIR, and VIEW_X_EYE, X being the direction you want to change/override.I.e. when in VC (this particular on only works in VC for some strange reason), pressing num-5 while in the left seat will bring you over to the right seat temporarily:VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=6.8, 0.0, 0.0 //Pitch down, according to y-scale.VIEW_FORWARD_EYE=0.0, 0.05, -0.01 //Just some finetuning.VIEW_DOWN_DIR=6.8, 0.0, 0.0 //pitch down in this example.VIEW_DOWN_EYE=0.74, 0.05, -0.01 //move over to the right.I adjust the eyepoint roughly to fit, then finetune with the above mentioned parameters for all views.I have never tried opening a separate 2D-panel while doing this, I'm not sure it can be done.