Sign in to follow this  

Help me please

How can I assign keys to animations in GMAX? Like how can I assign a G key to make the gear fold up into the gear bay?

>How can I assign keys to animations in GMAX? Like how can I>assign a G key to make the gear fold up into the gear bay? I'm not sure I understand the question. There's not a way to 'assign a key' to an animation via GMax. You can only use the predefined "stock animation names" that are listed in the SDK.Within FS, you would use the keyboard command assignments to map a key or key combination to a specific action. For example, G defaults to gear extension/retraction.Using FSUIPC's assignment menu, you can actually assign keys or key combinations to nearly everything within the FS2k2 environment, and are not limited to only the 'stock commands' in the FS2k2 menu.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Right, ok where can I get the SDK from? I'm sorry I'm very new to plane designing. Normally I use flight sim for my personal training at home. I'm a pilot Qantas. I've touched the real stuff and I'm trying to make flight sim as real as it can be. I've been teaching some of the flight sim plilots how to fly planes properly lol.

>Right, ok where can I get the SDK from?The answer to this question is in the anchored thread at the top of this forum:http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK00.aspThis is the index page for the developer that lists all the available SDKs.You want the MakeMDL SDK that has a list of all the various animation names, etc.http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK08.aspKeep the shiny side up and the greasy side down... :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Ok, I've downloaded the Makemodel thingy and unzipped it. I found this part in the manual.Stock Animation Names (Aircraft Only)Any part with a part name from the following table automatically uses the corresponding stock animation; you do not have to author a keyframe animation in the input file.Part name Stock animation description l_aileron Pitch rotation is based on the aileron position. l_ailer Pitch rotation is based on the aileron position. r_aileron Pitch rotation is based on the right aileron position. r_ailer Pitch rotation is based on the right aileron position. l_elevator Pitch rotation is based on the left elevator position. r_elevator Pitch rotation is based on the left elevator position. l_flap Pitch rotation is based on the left flap position. r_flap Pitch rotation is based on the right flap position. rudder Heading rotation is based on the rudder position. trimtab Pitch rotation is based on the elevator trim tab position. trimtab_elevator Pitch rotation is based on the elevator trim tab position. trimtab_l_aileron Pitch rotation is based on the left aileron trim tab position. trimtab_r_aileron Pitch rotation is based on the right aileron trim tab position. trimtab_rudder Pitch rotation is based on the right aileron trim tab position. rudder_water_rotate Heading rotation is based on the rudder position. elevon0L Pitch rotation is based on the Concorde

>Ok, I've downloaded the Makemodel thingy and unzipped it. I>found this part in the manual.>>Stock Animation Names (Aircraft Only)>>Where do I place this on and how can I place it in flight>sim?You don't! Those are the names you would assign to a part in GMax when you build an aircraft...If you aren't building a new model in GMax, the list and the SDK are useless.As I said, your question is too ambiguous to answer. I suspect you simply want to do either #2 or #3 in my original reply.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg