Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

FS creators, thank you

Guest azflyboy

This message is for all of the FS creators out there,Thank you all for the contributions you have made to this great hobby over the years. Thanks for putting all of the time effort and money into creating excellent additions and then releasing them to the rest of us for FREE. I find it amazing that you all put up with the "your addon sucks, it stalls 3kts too slow" type posts and most of you will continue to produce aircraft, scenery or whatever your fancy is despite that type of treatment. I truly find it amazing that most addons are created by people who jobs or famlies and produce FS stuff iun theri spare time. 3rd party addons have given countless simmers countless hours of enjoyment and there always seems to be something new to download and play around with.Thanks to all of you for these great addons,David Swindle

Guest odog

Here here! Nice to see someone actually take the time to say so! I remember when i first got 2k2, i was a CFS junkie at the time, I thought 2k2 sucked the big one! Then i found the 'community' and personalized my 2k2 folder. It was the planes that sucked me in, then the scenery... now im hooked! I was so happy with my little sim, i had to learn how it all was done so i could fill the holes and maybe give something back, and that's really what its all about. Its pretty weird how a "game" can bring people together and create friendships that would never have existed. I understand the march towards payware these days (this stuff is getting pretty complex)... I just hope that these designers dont forget where they came from. I think Bill Lyons is a great example of how to do it. Make enough to float the boat but still give back to the community that supports you.2 beers and im all sentimental :-rolljoe

> Its pretty weird how a "game" can bring people together and>create friendships that would never have existed.>>2 beers and im all sentimental :-rollThats the difference between a "game" and FS..... FS is probably the most complex program ever created.. And I can say candidly that most people in the community donot see it as a "game". I saw a vintage post earlier today unrelated to flight simming that said if FS couldn't be run it wasn't a "true" PC... IE Windows 3.1.3 + beers now and i've got tears *:-* LOL! Mr. David Swindle--- You've hit it on the head.Regards,RomanGREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap