Sign in to follow this  

To the person who figured out the "Reload" function

The person who figured out the reload function in FS2002 to reload a panel & gauges without loading and reloading a aircraft deserve a medal. Thank You whoever you are. You made things a lot easier.RegardsWillem Smit

HiPress:(>K:RELOAD_PANELS)Make your change in XML.Press:(>K:RELOAD_PANELS)And you see the immediate result.Jan

What it does is unlock those xml-files, making it possible to edit the code, reload, edit, reload etc. Gauge positions in panel.cfg are not updated though, neither is sound.cfg.And yes, it is probably the greatest time-saver ever.Thanks again...

>What it does is unlock those xml-files, making it possible to>edit the code, reload, edit, reload etc. Gauge positions in>panel.cfg are not updated though, neither is sound.cfg.>>And yes, it is probably the greatest time-saver ever.Now I wish someone clever who has Visual Basic (or equivalent) would design a WYSIWYG interface similar to EasyGauge for even easier bitmap placement and mouse point creation!After creating the bitmaps needed for a particular gauge, I can typically assemble and code it in less than 10 minutes with EasyGauge. It sure would be nice to have a tool like that for XML!Heck, I'd even PAY for a copy of EasyXML! :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest harry3

Badly, the Reload - thing doesn't work with C gauges :-(Has anybody any idea how to make the same thing possible as with XML???@Bill: Why do you want a WYSIWYG program for XML??? Have you ever tried to write any C gauge manually, and after this, the same gauge in XML???? OK, I'm faster in EasyGauge then in XML, but XML is 10 times faster than C. We all can be happy that Microsoft included XML since this version!Regards,Harri :-)

Guest pez_man

Hmmm, I don't quite get it..."Press:(>K:RELOAD_PANELS)Make your change in XML.Press:(>K:RELOAD_PANELS)"What does that mean, what am I supposed to press? Or shall I type it in the XML-code?/fredrik (apparently not a very smart panel programmer :D) )

Hi,Of course you need to make an xml gauge and put that somewhere in your panel via the panel.cfg.Then you can press it and the panels will reload.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

>@Bill: Why do you want a WYSIWYG program for XML??? Have you>ever tried to write any C gauge manually, and after this, the>same gauge in XML???? OK, I'm faster in EasyGauge then in XML,>but XML is 10 times faster than C. We all can be happy that>Microsoft included XML since this version!If you've used EasyGauge Harri, then you already should know the answer! Creating 'mouse areas' in EG is much easier than 'hand coding' them in either language!In addition, being able to visually 'assemble' and place the various gauge bitmaps is much, much faster and accurate than having to use the 'calculate pixel position - test - correct - retest' sequence, again, using either language!Given only the alternative of 'hand coding' in XML or C, of course XML will win the race hands down. It's far easier and faster, and by running FS and your editor simultaneously on two screens, coupled with the "RELOAD" button, it's almost like having a WYSIWYG tool.Given that XML is becoming the de facto standard for FS gauges, I'm all in favor of increasing the ease and efficiency such a tool would provide! :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

-------I'm faster in EasyGauge then in XML, but XML is 10 times faster than C-------Hahaha, are you jocking? You mean C is 10 times faster than XML because C can be interpreted by the processor and XML must first be interpreted by the FS.Harri, were did you get this crazy information?King Regards,Marcel Burrbluesky software

The way I see it, until someone figures out a way to 'lock' XML gauges such that proptietary bitmaps and custom coding cannot be (easily) changed, commercial developers will continue to use .gau type files exclusively.Thus, there will still be a market for Easy Gauge for the next several years... :) I also must agree with Marcel's assertion that C gauges are much, much faster in execution than XML. That's really a no-brainer!I would still like to see a WYSIWYG editor for assembling XML gauges though, because it would speed up the development process so much.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg