Sign in to follow this  
Guest danowat

I would like to make a "gauge"

Guest danowat

Hi,I would like to make a gauge, it would need the following, any idea how I can go about making it?.1) It would be a "phantom" gauge i.e. It would not show anything visually.2) It would be used to monitor various engine functions i.e. RPM, cylinder head temp, oil temp and pressure3) From these readings it will effect the engine in a realistic way, so if you thrash the engine it will give up.4) Ideally it would be configable, for various planes.AFG have a similar function on their YS-11, where the engines cut out if you overheat them, I would like to have more functions available to more aircraft.Thanks in advanceDan

Guest danowat

Hi,Yeah, that looks great, do you know if it is going to be released?.ThanksDan.

Guest danowat

Hi,well, I am no good with C, but I have a bit of experience in XML, so probably XML, but I understand that to do complex gauges you really need to do them in C.I really can't believe that something like this has not be done yet, I know there are failure programs available, but they are always random.The YS-11 from AFG is one of my favourite planes, possibly because of the need to run the engines correctly or else they stop working.The main reason I want something like this now is I am starting flying lessons soon, and I would like my FS a little more realistic than it is.ThanksDan.