Sign in to follow this  
FOD

Where's the PSS forum?

Hi all,I noticed the PSS forum is missing. Is it down for maintenance or down for some other reason?Thanks,Eric

I was wondering the same thing. Why do I get the feeling this will end as a front page story about the demise of PSS?Regards,Jim Karn

Eric,Someone had posted an insulting mesage a coule of days ago which would have been edited or removed in a moderated forum. The fact that it was still there earlier today and the removsl of the whole PSS group tonight suggests PSS have ceased support here.Very sad. Perhaps they just got fed up with all the negativity.:-hmmm

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Perhaps they should've released the patches and upgrades that they said they would...When I first started with FS2000, the PSS 747 and 777 were my first payware products, and I couldn't have been more pleased with them. The A320 was just as good.But their efforts with the 777 and 757 in FS9 were just disasterous. Both planes had to be recalled due to major errors within days of release, and after they were quick fixed, we had to wait 5 months in both cases for patches to fix many major issues. And the 777 still has some outstanding issues that I guess we'll never get fixed now, never mind FSX versions.I just wonder what they'll decide to do with the delivery of their products now. At the moment, you have to download the product off their servers. Will they give us the full file set, so we can re-install without them, or will they just disappear into the night, leaving us paying customers stranded? For the time being, their website is still up, but for how long now that their support forum has disappeared?

I strongly recommending backing up all your PSS files, which may not be easy, as I have not seen a definitive list. As well as aircraft and PSS folders, you need to back up common textures, gauges, effects, etc.The PSS shop has been closed for over a month now, there seems to be no PSS presence at Avsim anymore, so I think it is safe to conclude they have disappeared.

Graeme Butler

>Eric,>>Someone had posted an insulting mesage a coule of days ago>which would have been edited or removed in a moderated forum.>The fact that it was still there earlier today and the removsl>of the whole PSS group tonight suggests PSS have ceased>support here.>>Very sad. Perhaps they just got fed up with all the>negativity.:-hmmm Yes, I brought it to the attention of Avsim in a post here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=3982&page=It looks like they took my suggestion to take the PSS forum off line until they can get some answers themselves. For a commercial vendor to suddenly cease all communications is never a good sign, and I hope it is some serious technical problem, but I fear they have closed shop.Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

As I write this I am re-downloading all my PSS aircraft to a temporary folder, and as soon as they're all done I'll burn them to DVD.Sad to see PSS go (especially since they produced some of my favourite aircraft going back to FS2000), but the 777 and 757 releases were utter disasters and they have no one but themselves to blame.

Guest vrandar

Accessing and posting to the Airbus forum directly at http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=222 does still seem to work but you can't access it from the menu structure. For the other forums the number is : Boeing 224, Vulcan 223, Concorde 220, Dash 8 221 and the "Other" one is 225. But whether we are supposed to access these directly now I can't say.Sorry all, I have no idea why this has happened but it doesn't bode well for the future given the comments on the forum over the last few weeks asking for some word from PSS about the store, the loss of Steven etc. PSS have not been in touch with me, neither to give me any idea about the future nor to say thanks for the last 4 years of Airbus support. I don't expect it (even though I am listed on the website as staff) but some word from them about what is happening would have been courteous. If this isn't just a temporary glitch and PSS is indeed closing, John Rooum for the Boeing family and I for the Airbus family will continue to provide support, but I'm not quite sure yet how we will do this.I do recommend in the meantime that you have backups of your aircraft.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

I've backed all of my files up. There's nothing worse than a payware company falling silent e.g. Lago :(

I can understand why AVSIM needed to take some action. Indeed many of the recent posts {and I had not even seen the one referred to by Steve Dra} would have been deleted automatically on forums such as PMDG's.However, sledgehammer and nut springs to mind. I often answer questions for those who are obviously very new to the ins and outs of the FS community - without a direct link via AVSIM, it will not be easy for someone new to PSS products to find support. Similarly, it now seems impossible to do a search - as we all know a very useful aid in solving problems. And of course Just Flight are still recommending a link to the PSS forum for support.Finally, if the language was used as Steve says, why was the poster not banned from AVSIM for life..............??John Rooum

Hi,what a shame about PSS, but with this in mind, could someone please be good enough to let us know what the requirements are in order to back up all of our PSS items correctly please.I am now going to do this so that I can burn them onto a DVD for safe keeping in case the worst comes to light.many thanks.

Log into your PSS account and download the installers for the aircraft you want to backup.Run the installer and point it to a temporary folder (ie NOT your main FS directory). Let the installer run and it will download all the necessary files to the folder you pointed it to.Once complete burn to disc and you'll have a complete backup of the aicraft. To use in future just copy the files straight into your FS9 directory.

Folks, the PSS main forum is shut down and as soon as I post this messages, the subforums will be too. The reason? They seem to have been abandoned and are no longer being moderated and users are not receiving support via those forums.As to the status of PSS and what AVSIM knows; we know that Bob Kirkland has left the team some time ago and that Graehme Waterfield has for all intents disappeared from the face of the earth. We understand that he is having some family issues, but that is rumor and we have not heard from Graehme for some time. Has PSS seen its demise? We don't know at this point.

Tom,Many thanks for this and I can understand why you need to shut them all down. I did not know that Bob Kirkland had left - that explains alot.I would make one point. It might not have been from the PSS team, but PSS users have been receiving support via these forums - right up to last night - from Rob Elliott and myself who have been helping out for over a year. There were very few issues that we could not resolve and, over the last two months most seemed happy that at least someone was there to help!RegardsJohn Rooum

Tom,This may be asking a lot, but is it possible to replace the PSS subforums with solutions to problems in them? By deleting all of them, we now have no public historical track record on PSS aircraft issues that have been solved. Maybe create a "non-official" forum where it is announced that PSS doesn't officiate there anymore and just replace the old posts and lock them? I'm just throwing out ideas. It would be a shame to lose all that knowledge. I guess over time people would re-ask the same questions and others would help fill in the answers if they know them.Sincerely,Eric