Sign in to follow this  
jspan_com

XML Glideslope Annunciation

Hi All,I am working on an EADI which has FMA's for different modes of automated flight. It's no problem with the Approach Hold mode, the "GS" annunciation appears nicely on the EADI Display. When the aircraft is established on the GS, the "GS" Annunciaton should turn green, but it doesn't!Below the two elements' code (snipped): (A:AUTOPILOT glideslope hold, bool)GS(A:NAV1 GLIDE SLOPE, degrees) -120 max 120 min (A:AUTOPILOT glideslope hold, bool)GS(end of code)http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/21705.jpg

Guest harry3

Well, in your gauge, both strings would appear at the same time: (A:AUTOPILOT glideslope hold, bool)But as you said, the first should appear outside of +-0.7 of the GS-range, while the second string should be visible if the GS is inside of this range!So just do it this way for the first one, and for the second one just exchange the "-":if{(A:AUTOPILOT glideslope hold, bool) (A:HSI GSI needle, number) 120 / <-0.7 (A:HSI GSI needle, number) 120 / >0.7 & | Regards,Harry

Hi,I use for yellow, armed:(A:HSI GSI needle valid, bool) and for Green, Locked:(A:HSI GSI needle valid, bool) (A:AUTOPILOT ALTITUDE LOCK, bool) 0 == &&(Of course "Altitude Hold" must be on from the beginning of the approach to work ok!!)Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Thank you!I ended up with this working code:(snipped) (A:AUTOPILOT approach hold, bool)GS(A:HSI GSI needle valid, bool) (A:AUTOPILOT ALTITUDE LOCK, bool) 0 == && GS(end of code)

Hi,Is OK, but when you press Approach Mode enroute "GS" becomes visible.I don't know, if that is the same in real live, so i use ( A:HSI GSI needle valid, bool) instead, so it only shows up, when the radios receive the Glideslope signal.For the localizer the same with(A:HSI has localizer, bool) and (A:HSI has localizer, bool)(A:Autopilot heading lock, bool) 0 == &&Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Hi,I haven't tested the Approach mode enroute yet, but will do :-). Normally one would use the NAV1 Lock for enroute or VOR navigation, but I will nevertheless have a check on this one. If I am using (A:HSI GSI needle valid, bool), the GS annunciation will not show.I have also tried to implement the "LOC" FMA using this code:(snip) (A:AUTOPILOT approach hold, bool)LOCif{(A:HSI CDI NEEDLE, number) 127 / < 2.5 (A:HSI CDI NEEDLE, number) 127 / > -2.5 & | (A:Autopilot heading lock, bool) 0 == && LOC(snip end)This code works this way: 1. When on an intercepting heading pressing "APP" on the MCP, the white (or yellow) "LOC" and "GS" fma's appear. 2. But for some odd reason the "LOC" fma does not turn green before the aircraft is fully established! The "GS" turns green when aircraft is on the glideslope (as intended).Thank you both for an invaluable help so far :-)

I've seen your work earlier, and I am mighty impressed with the looks of it. I notice you use Valid checks against localizers/hsi functions; stay away from these as they have little to do with the real world.Making your own valid checks, you can limit the ils reception cone yet still recieve dme information (within FS standard limits), it's the same with glideslope reception.The "fix" (might have it's own bugs though :D) requires some frame-consuming code though...

Hi Karl :-)I have checked the Gauges.h, Token Vars and found this:"VOR1_NEEDLE, // +-127 correspond to +-10 if VOR or to +-2.5 if localiser."I have been thinking about the calculation 127 / < 2.5, which in my mind seems somewhat difficult to apprehend. Next I used this code for the Localizer or HSI CDI NEEDLE:(snip) (A:AUTOPILOT approach hold,bool)LOCif{(A:HSI CDI NEEDLE, number) < 127 (A:HSI CDI NEEDLE, number) > -127 & | (A:Autopilot heading lock, bool) 0 == && LOC(snip end)And this time the "LOC" FMA worked as intended :-). Next will be to set up the same principle for the GS Needle. Again in the Gauges.h:"VOR1_GS_NEEDLE, // +-120 correspond to +-0.7"

Jan,I fully tested this one, took me some time(!): (A:NAV1 GLIDE SLOPE ERROR,enum) 1000 * -3 > (A:NAV1 GLIDE SLOPE ERROR,enum) 1000 * 3 < (A:Autopilot approach hold, bool) (A:HSI GSI NEEDLE VALID,bool) && && && if{ 0 (>L:alt,enum) } Works as a switch to change from ALT HOLD MODE (0 (>L:alt,enum)) to GS HOLD MODE and could be a way to change the colors of the GS indication on the FMA.Something like(not tested:GSJan