Sign in to follow this  

[URGENT] Designers Needed

Hello folks :-D, Project SkyWorks is still in a URGENT need for designers so if you are a designer and would like to join,please do not hesistate to visit www.Project-SkyWorks.vze.com or e-mailing us.Thank you. Project SkyWorks

Guest Matthew Murray

Hey, You have already posted before on this topic, you have obviously got no reply. What's changed since then? I hate to be mean about this but I still don't think you will get a reply. Why do you try learning gMax yourself and build the 717-200 yourself!

-----------------------[bR]Matthew Murray | Project Airbus[bR]

http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

Now that you mentioned it, yes, you are being a little mean to Br. Your mother and daddy taught you better then that.Isn't he here for the same reason people rob banks? Because banks are where the money is. Same way here, this is where the designers are! I don't think he is wasting his time or your time. Just don't read it. I think this is the best place for this request. We are not all the same. Yes, most of the readers here are go it alone artists, but that is how most artists are. ;-) If he gets one helping hand, his mission has been a success.Regards,BobS

Guest FelixFFDS

What I would like to see at their site is more of a "job description" for the additional designers.Their site indicates several members, of which one is listed as designer, and another as panel designer. There is a founder and a co-founder.To the uninitiated, this appears to be "we're the bosses, and you do what we tell you to..."Maybe one of the co-founders is a whiz at obtaining resources and detail information.Now, from postings at another forum, I know that at least one of the co-founders is an enthusiastic designer - maybe not a prolific designer (yet). I would like to see their members page reference "co-founder and designer".Now - WHY do they need more designers to make one plane? Is the plan to parcel the parts out? Does one person do the basic model and the other designers make the details (example - landing gear and animation; wing control surfaces/flaps/spoilers/ailerons ... etc.I guess when I hear a call for "designers" I want to see a bit of a "business plan" or "project outline". I believe that this is a serious effort by these fellows to make a detailed B717-200, and I wish them well. I would heartily recommend that they develop an outline on their site as to what is needed, and a rough development plan.Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Bob, I agree with you that this is the "right place" to post such a request! One is much more likely to land a fish by fishing in a stocked pond! However, just as in fishing, one must use the right 'bait!' :)Felix, what you wrote is pretty much what I said in response. After politely declining an invitation to join, wherein I explained that my current commitment to EaglesoftDG, as well as three other 'freeware projects' has my plate overfull as it is, I wrote:"The first question that any person considering joining a group might reasonably ask - whether it be freeware or payware - is, "What are the 'leaders' bringing to the table? What will their particular contributions be, other than the obvious of 'being the leader?'" This is not to minimize the importance of good, strong leadership. Goodness knows that every 'team' must have a coordinator who's principle task it is to get things organized! :) It may well attract more interest from actual a/c designers were your and your co-founder to enumerate your particular skillset with regards to a/c design, otherwise folks may well get the impression that your sole interest is "getting free airplane models..." :) Secondly, while your aim is high (i.e., one plane a month), it seems overly ambitious if your goal is quality. Lord knows there's more than enough stuff released that's just one step above "junkware," and if you expect any sort of quality control, a more realistic time-table for the development cycle might be four months at a minimum: 1st month:....................gather data & assign tasks 2nd month:....................a/c modeler(s) begin development ....................panel designer(s) layout basic pane & begin gauge development ....................FDE is developed 3rd month:....................a/c goes to the 'paint shop' ....................alpha testing cycle begins 4th month:....................final tweaking is done to all components ....................beta testing of package begins ....................release I noticed while visiting your team's website that you have some very talented painters "on staff." I wish you the very best for your team's success. Hopefully you folks will eventually produce and release an updated 717! It's one of my favorite a/c of all time... :)"BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg