Sign in to follow this  
Guest foophonic

rolling number snap

Guest foophonic

How can it be made to make rolling numbers 'snap' around to the next vaule ? So that you don't see the next digit untill the whole value is reached, the number then quickly rolls around... i have seen it on a few radio gauges so i know it can be done...btw, this will be programmed in XML

Guest foophonic

thank you. the link cleared up the problems with getting the right numbers and the snap.what i need now though is, the gauge i am making is a temperature gauge.therefor it needs to read into the negative.i need two things.. 1) how to get a negative symbol ( i am assuming a strip with a blank as possative and a - as the negative.. but how to get it to 'scroll' to the right range2) how to get the numbers to scroll forwards for the negative values. as it stands below 0 it starts at 999 and goes backwards..thankyoubtw, please anyone that helps leave your name as you will be mentioned in the readme.txt file upon gauge release

Hi,Why "Rolling numbers" and not a "String"?Is much easier.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest Eugen

Hi,For the first one can't you use a visible tag with a minus bitmap must it scroll ?Have you made your number tape like that? 10-1 RgdsEugen

I agree, this level of realism is normally neither required nor appreciated. I've done a few of these "ultra-real-behaviour" gauges before, but reverted to simpler methods as the increase of complexity of many gauges will cause FS to halt in the end. You won't notice with one or two gauges, but when you add 20-60 gauges of this complexity, FS _WILL_ notice and develop problems updating the ground textures (in my case anyway).Use a simple string method instead, that's my adwise.As for a temperature (OAT?) gauge, make it switchable between

Guest foophonic

i am trying to make the gauge as close to the real thing as possible and its format is -xxx the minus is in a different 'caption'.it has to be a rolling number style because that is what the gauge looks like.for the minus i was assuming i would just need to make a strip with a blank and the - symbol on it. Possably some sort of if{} statement and two case[] option.. one to show the blank one to show the minus.i've looked at the strips for the altimeter gauges and the code seems similiar to the temperature one but for some reason the altimeter will read backwards below zero and my temperature wont. ( it starts at 999 and goes backwards

>i've looked at the strips for the altimeter gauges and the>code seems similiar to the temperature one but for some reason>the altimeter will read backwards below zero and my>temperature wont. ( it starts at 999 and goes backwardsIn that case your logic needs to be:if (value) < 0 then (value) = 1000 - (value)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest foophonic

value being ?