Sign in to follow this  
N2056

Prop texture doesn't show

I made a texture for the painted tips of my prop in psp. I have successfully applied the texture in gmax, and saved it as a 32 bit bmp in the texture folder of my plane. Why doesn't it show in fs2002?Roberthttp://home.nethere.net/kerr/virtual.htm

Guest odog

is it square? 256x256... does it have the same name as the texture you applied in gmax?joe

Guest PhLem

Also, on a side note, don't use _t textures for your prop.Udo. :-wave

I verified the texture is 256 x 256, the file names are the same, and they were renamed to be non-reflective. The GMAX file is 24 bit and the FS file is 32 bit. The original problem still exists - Looks great in GMAX, no show in FS.Robert

Guest odog

hmmmm... what did you do? this is pretty simple, let's see.If you renamed your textures you need to reload them in Gmax and export again.Is the prop texture showing up as grey? sometimes if you are messing with textures a lot, you need to just create a new texture in gmax and apply it to the prop disc, then delete the new texture. Now reapply the prop texture.good luck.joe

I have a visible disc when the engine is running. My problem occurs on the still prop. I've been looking at a lot of prop textures for planes I've aquired, and I've noticed there only seems to be one texture shared between the still, slow, and blurred props? My approach was to texture each state seperately-perhaps not the way to do it.Thanks for the continued help!Robert

My theory in my last reply to ODOG was correct. I removed my "still" prop texture and applied a copy of my "blurred" texture with opacity set at 100. I need to work on the mapping part, but mechanically it now works. Thanks to those who responded.Robert