Sign in to follow this  

C-441 Conquest II, Garrett Engines & FS

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a Conquest II that accurately models the Garrett engines, or if a model for Garrett engines even exists for Flight Sim?I know Corporate Pilot has one, but their visual model shows a C-441 Conquest, but the cockpit models a C-425 with PT-6 engines. Just so everyone knows, Garrett engines only have 1 shaft and therefore no N2 gauges or prop levers.Also, if one does exist does it model the fuel computers with options for manual mode control?If a model for Garrett engines does not exist yet for flight sim, I'm sure there's enough buff's out there who fly Conquests, Metros, and a few other planes to make it worth while. Imagine being the first one to come out with a King Air model with a garrett engine conversion.And going out on a limb, what would it take to create all this myself?If anyone needs more info, just let me know.

Well, I've searched all over the internet and can't find a properly modelled Conquest, and no one on here seems to know of one either.Is anyone interested in taking this on as a project? What I have in mind is a panel that models the Garrett engines and includes manual mode control, single red line logic on the EGT gauge, the actual annunicator panel, pressurization, etc. I'm talking about the whole 9 yards.If anyone is interested you can email me attravel_767@hotmail.com

Come on! With all the talent on these message boards I can't believe not one person has some information to share about the C-441!

>Come on! With all the talent on these message boards I can't>believe not one person has some information to share about the>C-441!Well, I don't have any information at all myself, but I did want to at least let you know that your message has been read and you aren't simply "whistling in the wind..." :)I've been looking for several years for a Merlin III turboprop w/ Garrett engines. I haven't flown one in several years, at least not since working for La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries... :)As a matter of fact, it's a downright elusive a/c to locate pictures for. Even that vast compendium of pictures known as airliners.net hasn't any at all! Yes, there are a few Metros there, but that's not quite the same thing at all... :(However much I'd like to though, I'm armpit deep in several commercial and freeware projects already, and cannot put anything elso on my plate for now.Here's hoping that we'll both be able to satisfy our thirst for the unusual someday soon! :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Thanks for your reply!The C-441 Conquest II isn't that unusual though, it's used world-wide for coporate charters and medevacs. It's even been used in SE Asia to test military defences! That's why I can't understand why there aren't more models out there. The same with a Garrett engine model, there's lots of aircraft out there that come with them from the factory, Conquest included.The Conquest II is such a kick-#### airplane it doesn't make sense why there isn't more interest out there. Find another airplane that can cruise at 295 Knots True, certified to 35,000 ft, has an endurance of almost 9 hrs, can cruise close to 2300 nm, can climb at 2000 fpm single engine, and can operate out of gravel strips as short as 2500 ft. on a regular basis, even on hot days. Add in the fuel computers and you've got one awesome package for Flight Sim.Anyways, good luck on finding your Merlin II w/Garretts.