Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

Pitch and roll stability

Guest RyHoffman113

Folks, I'm interested in modifying a flight model to create a 'fly-by-wire' effect, meaning that wherever i direct the airplane with the joystick, once i return the stick to the centered position the airplane will hold the exact pitch and roll angles that i inputted. Not sure if this is possible since I've tried so many fly-by-wire aircraft in FS, and hardly any of them have exhibited such characteristics. Anyone know if/how this could be done?Ryan

Guest _ak

you need to create gauge which will grab joystick input and control elevator/ailerons deflectionAs far as I remember FSUIPC allow override joystick inputYou should be familiar with C

Guest RyHoffman113

So much for that...I am totally in the dark as far as gauge programming goes, but maybe I'll give it a go. Thanks.Ryan

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Ryan.Gauge programming is not the monster everyone thinks it is. It requires some serious sit-your-a$$-down-and-study commitments, and there is a steep learning curve that involves not only learning gauge programming, but C or C++ programming also if you are not versed in those. But it is most definitely doable.If you are interested, have a look at sd2gau14.zip which I believe can be found here at Avsim or at Flightsim.com. And I am willing to help you getting started if you'd like. We have a great group of folks here, so help won't be hard to find at all.