Sign in to follow this  
Guest FelixFFDS

Gmax

Hey,i just got gmax about a week ago and have been messing around trying to figure stuff out.What is the best way to learn gmax. Books? Tutorials? Guides?Thanks

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey ASpin.Books for gMax are far in between, but any 3ds book will teach you a lot about gMax (think of 3ds as the big brother of gMax, sporting some more features).We have many excellent tutorials at http://www.freeflightdesign.com/tutorials.html These will definitelly get you started.Let us know if you need anything else.

What do you have to say about the Gmax bible?

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey ASpin,Good find! I did not know it was available already. I own the 3ds max 5 Bible, and it is an excellent book. Since the author is the same, I would recommend it, as you may find a lot of useful info in it. But keep in mind I have not used it, only the 3ds Bible.

Yup i have the Red hat linux 8 bible and its really good

Guest odog

You can't do it without these! http://www.gmaxsupport.com/http://www.aerodynamika.com/life savers.Just start scrounging the archives of this forum right here. Not too often has a question gone unanswered, and its all in there.become a master of the forum search engine. Google is a great help. searches for "gmax tutorial" or even "3ds Max tutorial" will show you some paths to follow.Keep a couple things in mind as you begin your adventure. Just because you see it done ONE way, it is most definitely not the ONLY way. Being innovative and creative, and thinking outside the box are key to becoming a master modeler.above all have fun and dont expect too much too fast... takes many years to get comfortable with all the tools and styles.yes... 3DS Bible, doth Rocketh thyne House!Joe

Guest FelixFFDS

#1 - Do ALL the default gmax tutorials - they give you the feel of the program#2 - PLAY with the program. Don't hesitate to start a "balsa wood airplane"#3 - There are already flightsim-specific gmax tutorials /making wingtips, etc.etc. and TIPS.The sites already mentioned are, of course, excellent (but I'm biased, since I manage two of them)I have the gmax bible (and several 3DS books) all are useful as direct references (the exercises also help)>Hey,>>i just got gmax about a week ago and have been messing around>trying to figure stuff out.>>What is the best way to learn gmax. Books? Tutorials?>Guides?>>ThanksFelix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Guest kurtj

I don't know I have both bibles and tried the tutorials and I am thinking about giving up on gmax and try fsds2. I know I had fsds1 and aside from the computer crashing(my old PII 400mhz) sometimes when I was in the middle of a project, I could start making planes some better. I don't know, but I think I like fsds2 better. Can someone point out if fsds2 is better to learn with than gmax? I have used the stupid idiots guide, and maybe I am doing something wrong but nothing seems to turn out like it should. This mirring, cutting, and other things just don't make sense. I also thought the manual was pretty nice with fsds to.

Guest FelixFFDS

If you know and are used to FSDS1, you would find FSDS2 easy to "master".I have not given up on trying to accomplish something on gmax, though.Ultimately it's your decision. Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design