Sign in to follow this  
Guest FelixFFDS

Oh my god. I just lost 5 hours of work.

Guest panzerschiffe

Now, I've dealt with some disasters before. My last project would completely lost when my computer crashed, I've forgotten to save before, etc.But today, I was excited. I had figured out to do stuff in a new way which was really turning out well. But then I opened up a new file, and accidently hit "no" when it asked me to save. Poof, 5 hours of work lost. I feel like crying.Now this is in FSDS2, I heard in GMAX it automatically saves you work every 4-5 minutes. I need to make a request for a new feature.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Albaro,You can configure gMax to save as often as you'd like. Very usefule feature.

Guest panzerschiffe

Duh, just been told this feature exists in FSDS2 as well. I should read the manual more throughly.

> Poof, 5 hours of work lost. I feel like crying.>>Now this is in FSDS2, I heard in GMAX it automatically saves>you work every 4-5 minutes. I need to make a request for a new>feature.OMG! I know how you feel... An "autosave" feature is definitely a *must* for FSDS2.xx!There are times when the GMax 'autosave' is inconvenient, like when you're in the middle of moving a pixel and the cursor 'freezes' momentarily, but believe me it has been a real life savior for me as well!GMax will sometimes 'crash' without warning (quite rarely, fortunately!), but even then will nearly always ask you if you want it to attempt to save a "recovery file!"OTH, why not simply do an incremental save manually every so often? I do that even in GMax whenever I sense that I'm about to run the "undo" buffer overcount! :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest panzerschiffe

Normally I save every few minutes, or after completing major task. But I got caught up in the excitement when I had figured out how to do a difficult part well, and spent 5 hours doing it. Stupid me totally forgot to save it. But there is a autosave feature in FSDS2 which I hadn't known about, and so I didn't lose anything after all.

Guest FelixFFDS

Like Alvaro mentioned - FSDS does have an autosave feature.. and has had it since V.1 Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design