Sign in to follow this  

"Stuffing" a K_event...

>Hello Bill,>>So when in GPS, it performs the same function as when nothing>is selected, setting the OBS needle to the plane heading? >Should't it be to the waypoint heading?Remember that FS's implementation of the GPS simply drives the HDG Lock anyway, so it makes no real difference either way, unless you're going to include a more-realistic-functioning GPS (which we're not!). :)>Also, you will be using KEY_VOR1_SET instead of>KEY_HEADING_BUG_SET, of course, so it ain't exactly the same>command as before. Same arrangement with different event ID.That is quite true... I need tu use KEY_VOR1_SET in order to 'snap' to the nearest exact radial. The purpose of the button is to keep the pilot from having to do a lot of knob twisting... :) In fact, if the BRG button is selected, it will display the reciprocal course information, and the CRS-Synch button will 'snap' to the reciprocal instead.There's another neat function that will be a lot of fun to program: the HOLD computer...Anyway, I'm still finishing up the basic functions for VOR1 at the moment, so that's still a few days (weeks?) away yet!BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello Bill,I am not sure what you are talking about. It is possibly how it works in the plane you are modelling, but in the real world GPSs I installed here in Brasil, as per the CTA (FAA equivalent) requirement, when in GPS mode, the HSI needle would show the correct deflection (left or right) no matter which heading it pointed to, unlike a VOR. So the deflection showed the actual route offset always. I think what would be neat would be to have this needle snap to the actual heading of the waypoint, which is what the pilots do with the HSI in these planes I worked on anyways, so as to avoid confusion.I know the above sounds a bit confusing, but read it a couple times and I think you will get it.What are you working on anywas? New EagleSoft design?

>Hello Bill,>>I am not sure what you are talking about. It is possibly how>it works in the plane you are modelling, but in the real world>GPSs I installed here in Brasil, as per the CTA (FAA>equivalent) requirement, when in GPS mode, the HSI needle>would show the correct deflection (left or right) no matter>which heading it pointed to, unlike a VOR. So the deflection>showed the actual route offset always. I think what would be>neat would be to have this needle snap to the actual heading>of the waypoint, which is what the pilots do with the HSI in>these planes I worked on anyways, so as to avoid confusion.>What are you working on anywas? New EagleSoft design?In reverse order, yes it is a near-replica of a Sandel SN3308 EHSI. Yes, I'm aware that this has already been done, but it's a "payware" gauge and I don't think our customers should have to purchase an "addon" to use the panel on this project.... :)I may have been unclear in what I wrote, because I'm not speaking of the CDI needle for the GPS, but the pointer itself. I will take what you wrote under consideration, and see what can be done in that regard.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg