Sign in to follow this  

Collins Radio Gauge XML HELP!!!!!

HiA friend and I are currently working on a Lear 35A panel and airplane, based on the real thing. A am responsible for the gauges and is working on the Collins Communication Radio, but I can't make it work as I want it to. I would like to set the frequency in the "standby" field and then swap it to the "active" field, but this is not working as it should. I don't even know if it is possible to simulate this using XML. I enclosed my code I'm using so far. At present I get the cursor to show, but I can't change the frequency.%((A:Com1 Active Frequency,MHz))%!3.2f!%((A:Com1 Standby Frequency,MHz))%!3.2f!I am completely lost and in desperate need of help..:-)Kind regardsJimmy

Hi,try this:COM1:(A:Com1 active frequency, MHz)(A:Com1 Standby frequency, MHz)Click (Repeat="Yes")(>K:COM_RADIO_WHOLE_DEC)(>K:COM_RADIO_FRACT_DEC)(>K:COM_RADIO_FRACT_INC)(>K:COM_RADIO_WHOLE_INC)Swap:(>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_SWAP)COM2:(A:Com2 active frequency, MHz)(A:Com2 Standby frequency, MHz)Click (Repeat="Yes")(>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_WHOLE_DECREASE)(>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_FRACT_DECREASE)(>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_FRACT_INCREASE)(>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_WHOLE_INCREASE)Swap:(>K:COM_RADIO) (>K:SELECT_2) (>K:FREQUENCY_SWAP)Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Hi Jan,Thanks for your help, sorry to say it dosn't work as I would like it to. I don't want to push my luck but do you think you can look at it again. The code is as follows:%((A:Com1 Standby Frequency,MHz))%!3.2f!(>K:COM_RADIO_WHOLE_INC)I've made the corrections you suggested, but all it does is alter the active frequency and as I wrote before I would like to change the passive frequency manually and then swap the passive to active.I would really be most grateful,Jimmy

Hi,Perhaps you have to do something in the aircraft.cfg:[Radios]// Radio Type=availiable, standby frequency, has glide slopeAudio.1=1Com.1=1, 1Com.2=1, 1Nav.1=1, 0, 1Nav.2=1, 1, 0Adf.1=1, 1Transponder.1=1Marker.1=1UAF i give you the code of the com1- and com2radioset in the comradios.txt file.Changing the frequency's happens in the passive window.Pressing the swap switch makes the "inactive" active vv.Tested gauge.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Hi again Jan,Thank you very much for your help. Of course it was the aircraft.cfg file which didn't support the standby-freq (Why didn't I think of that?????). Now it is working like a charm...:-)Again, thanks a lot,Best regdsJimmy