Sign in to follow this  
Guest Valid_Andy

Small Gulfstream update...

Here's a pick of the completed wings. I decided to tackle the hard parts first, and then finish up with the easy stuff (Horizontal Tail) So far the Fuselage us complete, the wings and Winglets are done, the Vertical Stab and Rudder are complete. Next step is to seperate out the ailerons and flaps, and get the shape of the flaps correct. The way that I shaped the wing should make pulling out the flaps fairly easy, but then again, I don't find much with designing to be all that easy. We'll see how it goes. Once I get the model complete, I wanna send it off and have someone with paint experience do a texture base map, and maybe a livery or two. Then it will be released as a model only with 1-2 liveries and the base map included.Also, I apologize for the fuzziness in the pic, but I use the windows paint program to print screen/paste the image and save. The only way I can be under the max size allowed by avsim is to save as a JPEG, and the compression is horrible. GIF isn't any better with PAINT; it causes a million little dots.Anyway, tell me what ya think.Andrewhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/24740.jpg

Guest Valid_Andy

Whoah Andrew that looks great! Keep up the excellent work. Love the winglets, and the fuselage is so smooth! Can't wait for this one :D

Guest Eurosky

Looks pretty good!

As a Gulfstream pilot, I can say its looking pretty damned good. Cant wait for it. I stil think a G-III AC variant is my favorite to fly. Keep it up man.Max

Big 10-4 on that :) I like the EFIS cause they're all AC. Nothing like Honeywell EDZ-801, with Triple Honeywell Laserefs for L.R.N, Honeywell LASERNAV II INS', Collins NAV/COM headunits (VHF-21B, VIR-32) and a couple of good 'ole UNS-1MS', we're set to go :)I'm wanting a buddy of mine to replicate the G-III cockpit with the above equipment (we might have to pass on the LASER and FMC stuff for now) The EADI/EHSI would be Anti-alaised Vector graphics, and the rest of the stuff plain XML, I think. I'd have to ask him how it would all work out, he knows more about XML than I do.Anyway, here is an update. I have moved from FSDSV2 to Gmax and started over from scratch. I find Gmax a little easier to work in, but it has it's ups and downs.Andrewhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/26100.jpg

Perhaps if you're not assigned to any group you might consider joing us at FlightCraft, we could use a good business jet project and you obviously have the tallent!Drop me a line: adam@flightcraftdesign.com or MSN: adam@ion-media.netRegards,Adam Nardone