Sign in to follow this  

The default Baron xml altitude alerter.

Does anyone know what those two "buttons" (one of which is an absolute fake) on the left side is actually supposed to do?

Karl,Not familiar with the Baron, but in 767 the altwarnlight comes on when you are 900+ or 900- from the assigned (autopilot) altitude.Of course there are several differences.Switch that arms the alerter or totally automatic etc.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Well, the buttons on the Altitude Alerter (preselector) labeled ENG and ARM, has some really strange code assigned to it.For the ENG on or off light, the code goes as follows, note the commenting:(*(A:Autopilot vertical hold, bool) 0 !=*) (G:Var2)meaning G:Var2 used, an obvious fake when you look on the click event.For the ARM on or off light, the code is altitude lock reading:(A:Autopilot altitude lock, bool) 0 !=The ENG clickevent reads, note the commenting:(*(>K:AP_PANEL_VS_HOLD)*) (G:Var1) (G:Var2) ! && (>G:Var2)The ARM clickevent reads almost like a normal autopilot function:(G:Var1) ! (A:Autopilot altitude lock, bool) 0 != || if{ 0 (>K:AP_PANEL_ALTITUDE_HOLD) }Now, this code is the excact same as it was for FS2002, meaning that no update or fix has been implemented for the FS2002 new aircraft (panel/gauge-wise). I believe new autopilot functions has arrived for FS2004, that suggests that these old MS ideas could now be implemented, but which ones would these be?What should really happen when you click the ARM and ENG switches in real life? Are they really remote switches for the autopilot (as suggested by the code?), or should ARM set current climb rate to autopilot? How should they work depending on the AP master switch or flight director, during failures etc?Other elements of the gauge also has problems, but I've managed to fix those. Oh btw; I think this gauge was unused by the Baron, but was still included for some reason.

Karl,Had a look at the alerter.Was not in the Baron panel.cfg, so put it in.Didn't try the gauge after removing(* etc*)? It looks like a VS HOLD function.I use another way to do that.But i'll have a look at the gauge. May be a new interesting AP function??Pressing Eng gives you a choice in the VS mode??Jan"Procul Negotiis"

BTW,After using this gauge my own autopilot became U/S!!??Is that a reason MS didn't put it in the panel.cfg of the Baron??Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Karl,Found out when using all available "VS" K-events and A Var's, my autopilot becomes immediately u/s for the ALT HOLD MODES.Also problems with anti-aliasing(?) develops..Have to start the computer again constantly.Stopped trying!Jan"Procul Negotiis"