Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

Landig gear animation

Hello !I'm working on a Po-2,which has an old style landing gear( like the Sopwith Camel ) : there's an axis with the two tires on it's ends.How can I animate the axis correctly ? So I'd like to make that when the right tire touch the ground the axis moving with it,but only it's right side ( and the same way the left side of the axis with the left tire ).Do you have any idea? ( You can see a preview in this forum below "Po-2" subject ) Thanks,and sorry for my bad english...Bence

You simply need to name the left wheel "l_tire_still" and the right wheel "r_tire_still". You will also want to duplicate each one with a radially blurred texture for when it spins... the names for each of these is "l_tire_blurred" and "r_tire_blurred".Check out the MakeMDL SDK from Microsoft's web site. It has all the naming conventions there.VinPMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.vinscimone.com/dancnkid.gif

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Bence,I think Vin didn't understand exactly what you wanted. From you question, about anymating the axis, it seems you already know how to animate the tires. In that case, just tag the right axis with the same animation as the right weel, and the same for the left axis. Now if it is only one axis connecting the two wheels, then it will have to rotate in either case, either with the left and/or right tires on the ground and forward movement. In that case I am not sure if you can tag two animation keys (both left and right) to it, let's see what someone else says.

Sorry, I guess I misread the post (again .. sigh ;-))You just (if I am reading you correctly) need to name the axles the same as their corresponding wheels (and of course, you would need one for each side)VinPMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.vinscimone.com/dancnkid.gif

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Vin,Hehe, no problems, man, I do that all the time! By the way, the 737NG looks really great man, screenshots are everywhere, excellent job!!!

Hello !I'm here again.So,I decided to upload some screenshot,because I didn't post correctly my problem.I hope it will help

Guest Milton

Bence,The axle must be linked to a lower gear wheel/tire to get the suspension movement. Since you have only one axle, I see no way to get the non-linked wheel to influence movement.An option would be to divide the axle into two halves or sides, link each to a lower gear/wheel/tire.You could also try making one lower gear/wheel subordinate to the other in the heirarchy. I am not sure how this might respond in the sim.l-lower_gear (suspension animation)...l_tire_still/blurred......common_axle..........r_lower_gear (suspension animation)..............r_tire_still/blurredMilton