Sign in to follow this  
Guest harry3

Informations about Avionics

Guest harry3

Hi!I have always the saim probnlem when I start a new gauge project: Where to get the information from? I'm just programming the Collins EFIS-85 EADI, which is used in the King Air 350(also in the MSFS King Air, however, it isn't too realistic...). I wonna know details like: When does the 'Rising Runway' show up, which color does the DH have...?Does anybody know where to get informations on this EADI? Or at least some good, close up pictures. Rockwell Collins doesn't provide any pictures, I'm afraid :-( If somebody knows a source, please tell me!Below you can see the only good shot I have, but it's too less if you wonna programm as much as possible, and not just the common things.Regards,Harry :-)

Guest harry3

Has nobody any idea?harry :-)

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Harry,Sorry, not specifically. With newer avionics, you can usually find manuals either on the manufacturer's site or on the web, but older style ones like this sometimes are hard to find. Have you tried contacting Bendix King? Sometimes manufacturers surprise you with their willingness.

You might have a look at airliners.net, flightdeck shots, search for e. g. the KingAir and see what you may find. :-hmmm

Guest JeanLuc_

Have you considered purchasing the Jet Line 2 from Reality XP? it is a very close rendition of the EADI you want to design:http://www.reality-xp.com/products/JL2/index.htmYou may also consider a slightly different approach like Aeroworx is doing for the EADI of their Super Kind Air B200, in the form of a partnership with Reality XP:http://www.aeroworx.com/(4th news from the top)Hope this helps!

Guest harry3

So, I got an answer from Rockwell Collins.It's like "if you make a bad gauge, you don't have to pay, and if you make a good gauge, you must pay". That's what I call good advertisment. Maybe I really should make the gauge buggy, and then write into the readme, that this is realistic, because the real thing is also very buggy and so on... I'm really thinking about this:-mad Regards,Harry :-)The mail from Rockwell Collins:Please refer to our product catalog website(http://www.rockwellcollins.com/ecat/) It should have all in info youneed, and it's free.... Any additional information required would require a legal proprietaryinformation agreement to be processed and would be chargeable to you.Thank youFred Zehr