Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

Removing/Changing gear compression hieght.....

Hello, is it possible to remove/change gear compression hieght for an aircraft in FS2K2?If so, can it be done in the aircraft config. file or is it an actual model modification? How do you do it if it is done in the aircraft config.??Thanks!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

The model needs to have originally been created with compression animation built in. That being said, if it does, you can modify the aircraft.cfg (Contact Points Section). Check out the AircraftContainer SDK from Microsoft's web site. It defines which numbers relates to compression (cant tell you off hand right now.. sorry).VinPMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.vinscimone.com/dancnkid.gif

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Hey Vin! How ya been?Ok, I'll check the SDK. Thoe model actually already has the gear compression as part of the model...I just want to tone it down a little (or remove it, depends on how I'm feeling, lol).

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I can't find the SDK...it doesn't seem to be on the MS site any longer (unless I just can't find it). :-lol

Ark

Guest Milton

The animation can be changed and still work well as long as you maintain the total animated movement length.The parameters are 9, 10, 11 in contact points 0, 1, 2.Keep in mind that you may have to change parameter 4 (vertical distance to the wheel) if you change static and max/static compression. Then you may have to tweak either static_pitch and/or static_CG_height if you change static compression.Parameter 11 will stiffen up the "shocks" if that's all you want to do.Milton

No problem Vin! :)Hello Milton! What I am trying to do is decrease the amount the gear becomes "uncompressed" after takeoff.Is that something diffgerent then what you mentioned above? If so is it a different set of values I hav eot look at?Thanks for all the help guys!:)

Ark

Guest Milton

The sum of the distances implied in parameters 9 and 10 equal the total compression.If you were to reduce the total distance traveled by changing these two numbers, the shortfall comes off the "uncompressed" end I believe.Doing this will then require you "set the aircraft" back on the ground by changing parameter 4, and possibly needing to adjust static positioning (as the nose gear typically has less travel than the mains).Milton