Sign in to follow this  
Guest FelixFFDS

Does FS2004 come with MakeMDL?

Guest MelvinRafi

Hi guys! Has anyone managed to find MakeMDL anywhere in the FS2004 installation or on the FS2004 CDs?:) Melvin Rafihttp://www.meljet.com

Guest odog

hi Mel!I posted the same ? on the main board last night and was told there are no design tools included in FS9. I dont have it yet, so im taking their word on it.Im hoping for new MakeMDL when and if new SDK's are out.I do know that stock planes are NOT backward compatible to 2k2. they will show up in the menu, but no visual model. This is strange to me, you would think they would drop in just fine.. but no.It appears to me there have been changes made to MDL in the new sim, that can be the only reason i can think of.joe

Naturally there are changes. Some of the new models have gauges incorporated into the model. See i.e. how the Mooney's Navlight switch works differently in VC and 2D; the 2D switch will also toggle the panel lights, while the VC switch only toggles the navlight. This suggests there are different gaugecode at work.A bit of a bummer I guess.I only wish the default VC-models didn't include those huge oversized radio-knobs, preventing the use of upgrading with more realistic radios on the default models. Also, the textured areas in i.e. the Mooney are extremely limited/hard-coded making it impossible to rearrange the VC panel much. An extra texture should have been assigned to the model, allowing different layouts for those who needs it. Microsoft; please fix these if patching up :)

Guest FelixFFDS

gmax 1.2, the help and tutorial files are on disc 1. I have not found anything resembling FSconv.dll, or makemdl on any of the other discs.Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design