Sign in to follow this  

2d Panels Won't Show in FS9...

I've just spent a few hours with FS9 and have it running, mostly well...However, for some strange reason, none of the 2d panels on the default a/c (never mind add-ons yet!) will show in while in Full Screen View! They will show up while in Windowed View. VC shows up fine in either view... Obviously, I installed my little Socata TB20GT first, so I can locate and fix the new "squawks..." :)Unfortunately, there are a lot of 'em, the worst being that the 2d panel won't display in any view at all! :(MS must have made massive changes to XML, because several of my gauges are either totally whacked (like the airspeed needle being outside the bezel, and some are completely "broken," such as the Shadin Fuel Flow Computer. Attempting to use either of the two switches will cause a complete collapse of FS9 and a nasty crash to desktop... double :(Does anyone have any ideas on the "invisible" 2d panels? There's just a "big black hole" where the panel is supposed to be... BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest Eugen

Bill,I think it is your aircraft not the panel, I tested it with my panel which works and it did not show up so You could try your panel with another aircraft and see if the problems still remain. I have noticed when I copied the fs 2002 panel cfg file a number the totally whacked out gauges were ok so something in the panel config file is changed.BrgdsEugen

Hi, Bill I think thats a driver issue.. Lot of sqwuaking 'bout that goin on in the general forum. I too have problems with XML gauges not holding place "in the pecking order" too.. Haven't looked into it too much yet, but it looks like recode time. Regards,RomanGREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

>Bill,>>I think it is your aircraft not the panel, I tested it with my>panel which works and it did not show up so You could try your>panel with another aircraft and see if the problems still>remain. I have noticed when I copied the fs 2002 panel cfg>file a number the totally whacked out gauges were ok so>something in the panel config file is changed.Let's be clear here, OK. The DEFAULT AIRCRAFT PANELS will not display in 2d mode while at full screen. Of course, since you cannot use "undocked windows" anymore in the Full Screen Mode, that is kinds of a moot point now anyway... :(The Socata displays just fine, and the 3d VC is superb. I'm going to try an alias to the Mooney Bravo panel and see how that works, and vice-versa.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

>Hi, Bill>> I think thats a driver issue.. Lot of sqwuaking 'bout that>goin on in the general forum. I too have problems with XML>gauges not holding place "in the pecking order" too.. Haven't>looked into it too much yet, but it looks like recode time.Yeah, it appears as though I'm going to have to completely rebuild some of the gauges for the Socata...But first, I've got to solve the issue of the 2d panel not displaying in Full Screen Mode.I'm using a fairly recent nVidia Geforce 5200 video card, which otherwise shows no other indication of a problem.I did update to DirectX 9b just in case that might have had some bearing on the issue.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg