Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

S-3B Viking reference material...

Hello all,I tried searching the forums for information on where to get good high quality 3-way drawings, but I didn't get any hits. I can only assume that this has been asked before, but please, if anyone knows where I can get some high quality 3-views, specifically of the Viking, can you please let me know.Thanks,Nick

Felix,Great link! It's exactly what I needed, thank you. Since I'll be building the Hoover in 3D Studio Max, will I have any problems exporting to FS2004? Do I need to import into GMAX first, then export to FS, or is there a MAKEMDL for 3DS Max?By chance, do you know where I can get similar material for the A-7D?Thanks again Felix,Nick

Guest InBetween

Greetings,Tis already built in Gmax, by Rick Sasala; I have had minefor at least a year, it is very well done with a nice VC :)Regards,JR

Hey JR,I too have flown Rick's S-3 for quite some time now. But I'd like to have one that has a bit more detail. Something that takes advantage of all the stuff GMAX, or in this case 3ds Max, has to offer. I'll be sure to post some pics of the progress as soon as I get something worth showing...Best Regards,Nick

Guest FelixFFDS

A7D - http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/a7d.htmlTechnically you should only need conversion of your model to a Direct X file, and you can use makemdl.exe with no problem, other than the usual caveats... do not use the mirror from the menu tabs, use parametric modifier mirror, beware of co-located vertices, scale applied...."the usual"F>Felix,>>Great link! It's exactly what I needed, thank you. >>Since I'll be building the Hoover in 3D Studio Max, will I>have any problems exporting to FS2004? Do I need to import>into GMAX first, then export to FS, or is there a MAKEMDL for>3DS Max?>>By chance, do you know where I can get similar material for>the A-7D?>>>Thanks again Felix,>>NickFelix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Nick,Here are some treats for you and all in the forum. These are projects Flight Factory Simulations has in the backburner. As you can tell, they are very high on polys. We usually build them very high, to get max detail in, then optimize it manually (we seldom use the Optimize tool in 3ds) to a decent number of polys when it is time for the bird to see action. And yes, there are a couple of flaws. As I stated, work in progress.Note: To all that are interested, we are slowly building a good database of free three-views on our website, at www.flightfactory-simulations.comI see Felix already gave you a link to the Viking 3-view drawings. Those are the same ones we used. I am working on getting the A-7 three views uploaded for you.The pictures of the A-7 are in here http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...12238&mode=full .http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/27233.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/27234.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/27235.jpg

Fabio,Excellent work thus far on the Hoover. Thats the level of detail I'm going for. But, like you said, toned down to within reasonable limits for FS. I think you have done a very good job with the aft fuselage where the horizontal stab is. I saw right away that the change in cross section was going to be a challenge for me to model correctly. It's the little things that make a model great. I especially like the inclusion of the APU exhaust and the spoileron attach points. I appreciate your effort regarding the SLUF 3-views, as well. Thanks.Best Regards,Nick

Guest FelixFFDS

#1 - You build in #DSMAx then export/finish in gmax or export to X file and makemdl.exe direct?>We usually build>them very high, to get max detail in, then optimize it>manually (we seldom use the Optimize tool in 3ds) >Watch out for copyrighted material - personal experience.>Note: To all that are interested, we are slowly>building a good database of free three-views on our website,>at www.flightfactory-simulations.com>Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Felix,Roger that, thanks, we got it covered.