Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

Oh c'mon! How much longer?

Until all you wonderful modellers create and/or update all my favorite acft to FS2004/Gmax standards? (oh and they of course must all have finely detailed working DVC's!) *grin*

Ha ha, good joke.Most likely as soon as they get with the SDK a new MakeMDL in their hands, man!

Guest FelixFFDS

Two weeks.Two years if you want functioning LDVs in gmax aircraft.>Until all you wonderful modellers create and/or update all my>favorite acft to FS2004/Gmax standards? (oh and they of>course must all have finely detailed working DVC's!)>> *grin*Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

I'm sorry buddy but that request does not belong here!!!! That's a complaint that what "you don't have, and could possibly could be, can be possibly available but you donot have it. But hold your horses GEEZ it's been.... What 3 days now ??? Take my advice... Download every SDK MS has ever produced, go to the FSDS forum and facts/downloads and take in every bit of info they have ever posted. And read evey post on both this forum and "the other guys forum" learn how to make it yourself. See how long it takes you...If that's not good enough, sell your FS04 to your neighbor..Thou shalt not rely on a developer, but relish and give thanks to what they produce. It took them 5 X 1000000 *3 Time to develop it than it took to make this rant against the developer s and you.Grin or no Grin.... Just bad.It took up too much bandwidth..so did this post..... Sorry all.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest John_Noppe

Ehm guys? I think he was kidding?

John NoppeScreenshot forum moderatorAVSIM Online

Guest FelixFFDS

John, Say it ain't so! A post in AVSIM made in jest, dripping in the sauce of ironic sarcasm?>Ehm guys? I think he was kidding?>>

John Noppe>>Screenshot forum moderator>>AVSIM Online

Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

>I'm sorry buddy but that request does not belong here!!!!>That's a complaint that what "you don't have, and could>possibly could be, can be possibly available but you donot>have it. But hold your horses GEEZ it's been.... What 3 days>>Grin or no Grin.... Just bad.Gotcha! No room for humor here. Your point of modellers having no sense of humor is well taken. (I had a much higher opinion of them, but will defer to your experienced judgement)

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey E,No worries m8, I got the joke. For a bit of info, here is what the MS team told me yesterday at their booth at Oshkosh.I spoke to both one of their aircraft modelers and the girl responsible for the new cloud system (forgot her name, but really nice lady. She is the voice behind this video http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...ds_lowband.wmv). They are aiming to get the SDK out faster than they did last time. Although that would be nice, if I remember correctly, last time it took them close to 8 months after the release of the simulator. So even if they do release it faster, we could still be months away from it.Without the SDK it might be hard to accomplish some things if their building methods have been changed from FS8 to FS9. So it might be that some features will be missing for a while. No one wants to release their planes with missing features, so you might see some developers holding off a bit. Some might actually be able to do without the SDK, depending on their ability and a little bit of luck.Flight Factory Simulations is working on the Cirrus project now, but since the new MakeMDL (program made by microsoft that exports an aircraft from gmax to FS) is not out yet, things like clickable VC are not done because they are not in widespread knowledge just yet (although it seems some people already have that working, possibly using a beta MakeMDL from MS).On the downside, you will have to wait a bit. On the good side, MS has improved on many of their stock aircraft, plus included very good new ones. I am having a blast flying around in the Jenny, or a J-3, and even the good ol' Cessna (which I tend to use for low level aerobatics in spot view. After all, it is almost like a big R/C plane ;-)).I hope this clarifies the matter a bit. And as far as I am concerned, any questions are still welcomed here, so don't be shy and fire them our way.

Guest Milton

I took this as a light-hearted way to find out what to expect from developers towards re-releases. :-)I will be releasing updates for my aircraft this week to get everything working as it should (at least as close as I can for now). As for new features, where documented, those will come later.So, FS9 updates now, new features later. :-) Clickable VC instruments work by default on most things but I find them hard to see and use on dark panels.There are some serious flight dynamics changes that affect liftoff and climb (nose heavy and lift changes - see FSAviator's post) ... trying to compensate there until facts are known.Some texture management changes require attention as well in the alphas.There are a few gauge issues of course, fortunately minor for me.The last thing is to light the daytime VC better since we are likely to do more VC flying with clickable gauges there. Bill Laeming's post on that will be helpful. Thank you Bill. :-)Still sorting out the differences but things are looking good here, though concerned about the FD changes.Milton

Guest Fabio Miguez

Smack on.Thanks Etti.

>Flight Factory Simulations is working on the Cirrus project>now, but since the new MakeMDL (program made by microsoft that>exports an aircraft from gmax to FS) is not out yet, things>like clickable VC are not done because they are not in>widespread knowledge just yet (although it seems some people>already have that working, possibly using a beta MakeMDL from>MS).Hey Fabio!There isn't anything "special" about the "Clickable VC." It simply works... No one has to do anything peculiar or differently than they did before.Just make sure not to make click spots too small!I've just about finished updating the Socata TB20GT, since I've already completed my part of the Beechjet 400A, the Hawker 400XP and the Premier I.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Bill!Thanks for the info. I talked to Hal Brian today, the guy in the MSFS team that lead the beta, and was featured in the Discovery Wings feature about FS, but I forgot to ask him that. But at the same time I read this post out loud in our office, one of our modelers said "Yeah, I know. I got it working already" :-). Guess I gotta improve my real world commnication skills, too used to just using Trillian or ICQ :-).Anyways, meeting the FS team was very nice. We did an informal presentation on what we have so far for the Cirrus, and MS seems to not only be impressed, but very receptive. We all got immediatelly included in the beta team for the upcoming SDK.Tomorrow we have a nother visit with the team, so if you or anyone else has any questions you'd like me to ask them, fire away. I'll be checking the forum for the last time before heading out to Oshkosh (our office is 30 min. away from KOSH) at 17:00 Zulu.

>Tomorrow we have a nother visit with the team, so if you or>anyone else has any questions you'd like me to ask them, fireAsk them why they didn't include all my favorite acft? *grin*

>There isn't anything "special" about the "Clickable VC." It>simply works... No one has to do anything peculiar or>differently than they did before.>>Just make sure not to make click spots too small!Nope. Of course, what you mean are usual gauges, yeah, they work at once. But we are talking about the 3d parts which are clickable, i. e. levers, switches etc. they don't work yet.