Sign in to follow this  
Guest N73GX

At my wits end

Guest N73GX

Reluctantly I post this message. This is my first attempt at an aircraft and I am having problems. At the expense of my wife, child and sleep I have spent over a hundred hours creating a Cessna Skymaster 337. Now I realize that this is a pretty big endeavor, but it is what I have wanted and would rather be working on one than waiting for one to be built. I have searched over the net for a readable blueprint 3 view of the Skymaster everyday now and can not find one. I do know of one. But I have lost it. It is a blue print that comes with the 1:48th model from Testors. Needless to say I have to start from scratch because of problems with the model that I will be unable to fix or repairSo,The question is. Does anyone have a really good blue print of the Skymaster?Thanks

Guest Dee Waldron

If I was going to build a mix-master, this is what I would do...(Partly because I'm a retired A&P/IA, and I know how to stroke these folks, he he!)Go to your local airport, and just walk into any of the FBO maintenance shop offices there and introduce yourself and tell them what you're doing. Then ask if there is any chance they would let you "burn" some page copies out of their C337 Maintenance manual. There are some excellent 3 view drawings in the first chapter of all Cessna Maintenance manuals.If they'll go that far with you, then ask to also see the Illustrated Parts Catalog. You'll die when you see the drawings in there!I really think its worth a try! ;)Cheers,Dee Waldron (HJG)

Guest lionheart777

Sir,I finally found some prints on a Fairchild 24 and made some awesome planes from them. Keep it together and be patient and believe me, it will pay off. If you take your time and work on how you are going to work certain polygon treatments at windows, animations, etc, you will be so happy with the outcome. Take notes. I would make notes on ideas when at work and when I got home at a quite time I would put the ideas into the model, which I also suggest early in the morning, as you might be dreaming of it during the night and so the ideas will be fresh in your mind.You can also use this time to study on texturing, animation, etc.Cheers and chin up!Bill

Guest N73GX

I would Like To thank everyone that has helped and given ideas and images for this cause. This is what I have found.I emailed Testors and they are going to send me what I need for the model.The people at my local FBO is at KTYS. These people are not really the friendliest that I have met. I think it is due to all the security surrounding the GA world. But needless to say I have found what I am looking for at Ebay. They are auctioning off service manuals there. As soon As I get some money in my account I will be going for that as well to get detail descriptions for the aircraft and air file for better accurate flying in the Sim. The model (When done) will go under various changes from its very basics as the O-2A military to variants that I have seen in pictures. Pressurized, Weather retrofitted. And all the sorts. I will be creating a site with in the month the post updates on the progress of this aircraft. I would like to take this time to tell you all what this is all about.I am planning an around the world flying trip. This Trip will not be across the world but encompassing the world. From north to south to east and west, visiting major and minor parts of the U.S. and the rest of the world. I have chosen the skymaster because of the speed and the range that the skymaster is capable of. The end result will be a pressurized skymaster with a very special paint job. All this will be done online and will be able to be joined by everyone with a filed flight plan. Please stay tuned I will post a website address in this thread later today for this idea of mine.Thanks

Guest N73GX

To report: I am unable to provide a web address at this time. Geocities does not have FTP access, there for I will have to find a free site that will alow me to have FTP access to upload the site. I am working on the site right now and each state will have its own folder for organization reasons. Untill then I will not have an address. Thanks

Jason...I've been waiting a long time for a pressurized Skymaster... Hope you share some shots of your progress. Also hope you include some dynamic wing views...On a low poly Microlight, I poured hours and hours at the expense of my wife and daughter. I was tweaking it an hour before I had to fly with them to SoCal for vacation. In my follow-up update of Chuck Dome's Mirage, I remember spending a day just trying to tweak the shape of the nose to what seemed to match things best...Another suggestion for you. 3-views don't always tell the whole story. Go to airliners.net and search on some shots, and also visit www.aso.comThat site was great for my work on the Malibu. I had dozens of Malibus for sale to choose from--enough to let me get a good look from all angles....-John

Guest N73GX

Ok folks, I got the Blue print in the mail yesterday and scanned in. I have started from scratch but all seems to be going well so far. Let me remind you though, This is my first Aircraft and I will be sticking with it but I will be learning as I go as well. This seems like a difficult craft to be starting off with but, come on