Sign in to follow this  
Guest delsimflyer

dedicated rwy usage at VIDP

Guest delsimflyer

after taking short term steps to decongest the airport by having simultaneous takeoffs since april '06, and getting countless near misses from simultaneous rwy27 and rwy28 takeoffs and only rwy28 for landings for the past 18 months, now it has been decided to use 1028 for takeoff and 0927 for landing from 25th of this month.IATA is complaining about the 0927 as unsuitable for landings for heavy jets. I dont think 2.8km strip should be a problem for economical braking.what do you experts and real aviation guys think about the pros and cons of this decision?how successful is this going to be?checkout my updated fsx afcad for vidp aswell.regards

Guest majhankee

Yeah, 9/27 is 9,229 feet long. That's long enough for landings. At Boston Logan Airport, they have B777s landing on a 7,000 ft runway sometimes.

Guest delsimflyer

here is a pic of the vidp afcad.http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Loca...&ImageID=187409the only problem can be of intl arrivals which have to taxi to the terminal on the left to the tower which requires crossing the rwy 1028 and might delay the taxi.I am not able to understand fully but can anyone please suggest what might be the best solution for managing more than 650 flights a day on the given runways? It will help me further improve my afcad to use with realistic ai traffic.