Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skymed

Shift+Rotate in the same ELEMENT

Guest Skymed

I am updating my helihud for FS9, and want to indicate the direction the helicopter is moving, as well as how fast it is moving. I already have it so that an arrow rotates 360 to indicate the direction of movement, and I have just finished a sliding line (using the SHIFT tag)to indicate rate of movement.Question is, can I use the ROTATE tag on the sliding "vector" element? In other words: I want to make this:(A:Ground velocity, feet per second) absBe controlled by this:(A:Velocity world X, feet per second) (A:Velocity world Z, feet per second) atg2 (A:Magvar, radians) - (A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) - Any help will be appreciated.Steve

Steve, How is the fixing progress going ??? You should be able to do a linear controllled by rotation using a double shift.. I know linear controlling linear works.. Never did try controlled by rotation though.See: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=12499&page=EDIT -- I see that you are using 2 different bitmaps so if you want 1 element set to do what you describe you have to set it up with the double shift in each element... Something like below maybe ??? Not tested... (A:Velocity world X, feet per second) (A:Velocity world Z, feet per second) atg2 (A:Magvar, radians) - (A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) - (A:Ground velocity, feet per second) absRegards,RomanGREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest Skymed

Roman,As always, thanks for your patience and help. The remake is going slowly, as I had a total hard-drive crash and lost everything, so am now just in the process of getting things started, and am amazed at how much I have forgotten.Something else that is driving me nuts is that my new HUD is rectangular, 640x250 pixels. Whenever I want to put a rotating element on it, it also gets changed to being rectangular ( or elliptical) which means I cannot get a circle. I have tried overlaying square bmps on top of the rectangular background, but cannot seem to get this to work.Last but not least, evrytime I change some XML code and reload the chopper the HUD is gone and I have to shut down FS9 and restart it to get it to show, regarless of whether i reload with the reload switch or actually change aircraft.Onwards and upwards !!Steve